Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Writing out thoughts... take two

I wrote things down in a blog a few years ago titled "A Good Seed".  It was based on my own experiences, hopes, and thoughts as I tried to bridge or bring together various things from my own Mormon background with new things I was learning and thinking about.  For a few reasons I stopped.  I actually deleted all of those old posts and got rid of all of my notes associated with them, and was pretty determined not to write ever again.


But thoughts continue to ripple along in my mind and it is helpful to write them down rather than keeping them bottled up... and if I am writing them down, I may as well do it in a place like this which helps preserve the thoughts and allow others to engage with them if they want to and if it is helpful.  


The Story - for lack of a better word - is what is on my mind the most, and much of what I will try to write here relates to that.  I don't think that Story comes together here - at least, it is not my intention to try and write out a comprehensive and cohesive narrative in this format - but rather the topics I will more-or-less ruminate on tie into that Story in various ways, whether explicitly or implicitly.


I do believe that we ought to be open to new ideas and ways of looking at things, and much of what we believe about what the Story is may not be correct.  Instead of using writing in a way to try to convince myself and others that a certain view must be correct, I wish to use it as a means of exploration.  I do believe there is a 'true story' to be found, and I also believe that none of us have found it.  I don't believe that will forever be our fate - meaning, I do think that Story comes out one day, just as promised.  Therefore, I feel one of the best things we can do is put ourselves in a position to believe that Story when it comes.


In that light, given that I am open to much, if not everything, I write here being incorrect, comments and other insights are welcome.  This is all draft, thinking-out-loud content.

No comments:

Post a Comment