Monday, March 11, 2024

Orca taking out a Great White Shark

This morning, YouTube recommended a video that showed a Killer Whale/ Orca attacking and killing a Great White Shark.


I can't remember the news channel the original recommendation was for, but I have linked below the coverage from "Good Morning America" since that is what I found when I searched again to post it here (I think the name of the show is pretty funny in context, with a big image of the sun, also).


The video was posted only 5 days ago, and this is apparently the first time that a lone orca has been caught on camera attacking a great white shark.  So, maybe a good omen?  In past posts, I have identified our nemesis Satan-Saruman as a shark (Sharky from LOTR).   Having him be a White Shark (Saruman the White, Walter White, etc.) per this video is even better.  And we have the Black-White whale of Willy (associated with Faramir-Willy Wonka), taking Saruman out.  I actually laughed out loud when I saw the whale pulverize the shark.


The orca in the video is a female named Sophia, and she is like a 60-year old grandma, so that made the takedown even better (and potentially relevant, even, with the name Sophia, it being an 'old' Being, etc.).


The video also stressed that orcas like to hunt in pods or groups, and that is kind of the way I envision what is going on presently.  I have focused on my writing on a few players of that group, since their stories seem to come through the strongest right now, but in my imagination this is all part of a larger team effort with many stories about the many members of the Family involved to come forward.


Lastly, I noticed that the segment called out Moby Dick at the beginning and at the end.  In my post The Wrath of Saruman-Khan and Free Willy!, which obviously mentioned whales and orcas in the context of Willy, I spent some time discussing Moby Dick (since the book was on Khan's bookshelf, and included some direct themes and quotes from the story which also seemed relevant to pieces of the story here on this blog).


Anyway, here you go.




No comments:

Post a Comment