Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Deseret Book vs. Deseret's Book

OK, so a 2nd very short post today just based on a thought I had earlier this evening.  


I had visited a blog where someone was putting a pitch in for a new book being published by the LDS church's publishing subsidiary, Deseret Book.  


As mentioned in my earlier post on Deseret (here), during 1800's Utah Territory Mormonism, the name of Deseret popped up literally everywhere based on Brigham's obsession with that name.  I have mentioned the source of that obsession in that post, also.  In modern times, the name of Deseret continues to live on in the name of not only that publisher and book retailer, but also in the company that manages all of the for-profit entities for the LDS Church:  Deseret Management Corporation (which Deseret Book falls under).


Anyway, when I saw "Deseret Book" on the site, a funny thought came to me.  As I said in my other post, I believe Deseret is a name/ title for a person - Ilmare-Eowyn.  I have also mentioned that Ilmare-Eowyn has been charged with putting together a record, or book, in Heaven/ Aman and sharing that record through the use of the stones to those on Earth.


We could very well call this record "Deseret's Book".  When published, I think Deseret's Book will be of much more value than anything one could find in Deseret Book.  I also don't think Deseret Book will publish or in any way be allowed to distribute Deseret's Book.  Just as with Moroni and his feelings about being propped up on temples, I can't necessarily speak for Eowyn-Deseret but my guess is that she might be sick of having one of her names tied to Brigham's church also, particularly the commercial arm.


Lastly, whatever WJT has must be contagious, because I have Shark Tank running in the background right now and as I am typing that last sentence, I look up at the TV and the first thing I see is an entrepreneur wearing a shirt with "Bee" written across the top as part their logo (Bee as the obvious tie to Deseret).  The business is "Bee Sweet Lemonade".  So, right as I am typing of Deseret being associated with the commercial arm of the LDS church, there is a Bee-affiliated business trying to raise capital on Shark Tank.  I don't know.  Seems to tie right into this juice/ nectar thing, also.


No comments:

Post a Comment