Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Gordon Kor, a peaceful school bus, and Holy Places to Stand

Last night after dinner, my daughter wanted to let me know about a book she was reading for school. It's called "Schooled" by an author named Gordon Korman. She has really enjoyed it, and was wondering if we could look up whether it had been made into a movie or a show. On the title page, Disney-Hyperion is listed as the publisher, and so when she saw Disney she thought (and hoped) that this meant it was also something she could watch.


Turns out no, Disney-Hyperion is a publishing arm that Disney used to own but was sold off and doesn't have anything to do with Disney as media company anymore.


Anyway, didn't think anything much of it until earlier today. I had just ended some conference calls for work and went into the kitchen to get some lunch. As I walked into the kitchen, I saw the book lying on the counter like this (yes, I took another picture...):






There is a heck a lot going on in this picture, and I kind of took it all in at once and conceded an additional point to the Fairies. So much so that I took the picture.


One of my complaints with some Fairy interactions, besides the increase of 'in your face' syncs that seemed to build over a short amount of time prior to my writing break on this blog, has been that it seems that it has almost tagged on with the story already in my head. In other words, I didn't come away with learning anything new. If it doesn't contribute to the story, or help build my understanding of it or move it along, then it kind of seems superfluous. I already know or think this, so why are you screaming it to me through syncs?


One could argue that perhaps a Fairy or two are wanting to use some of these symbols to reinforce and confirm some things. Basically, illustrate that my thinking is on the right track in some areas based on the stories I see in these breadcrumbs. They might even be saying also that they have had a hand in developing those thoughts in my mind over time - kind of like a signature. I think this is valid, and I don't want to discount this.


However, to me this is also potentially the most dangerous interpretation and should be treated with care. Because in this scenario, I think, lies the greatest risk of just reading your own junk into everything around you. If I am just seeing everything I already know or imagine in these things, then at some point you have to assume that there is a significant chance that this is just coming from my own imagination. You risk turning into the type of guy that does things like this, basically:



You have all these connections that you create across all sorts of random things that make sense to you, the crazy person, but rightfully should be discounted or ignored by others.  The image above is from the movie A Beautiful Mind, which is based on the real-life story of John Nash and his battle with severe mental illness.  Things that he was sure existed, were demonstratively and objectively false - they were not real.  But he saw them anyway, and never stopped seeing them.  I spent a couple years recently with quite a few people telling me that things I really felt were real were just in my mind.  They might be right.  I fortunately don't yet have imaginary people that I physically see but no one else can sitting next to me (like Nash did), but I do ascribe much of what goes on in my life and mind to the work of other Beings.  I am not sure that is really very different in the end.


So, if only for my own benefit, tt needs to push the story forward.  In other words, if you want to speak to me in whatever language that is how you communicate, then fine, but surprise me.  Teach me something new.  Make it more coherent and clear.  Show me in some way that you are not just me.  Otherwise, it's just chaos.


I was actually thinking of this a bit this morning in relation to the Fairies, and then entered "Schooled".


The title of the book itself is funny in the context I just laid out, right?  Here I am complaining or wondering if the Fairies (at least some of them) don't have anything new to say, or aren't teaching me anything, and they almost speak to me through the title of this book - "Schooled... you've just been taught, sucker".


OK, so enough background, what do I see?


Well, I was first drawn to the name.  The folded up corner made me look at the "Kor" (just the first part of the author's last name) and realize I have seen this word before.  And I have, many times.  It has a double meaning for me, or at least it has meant two different things to me, whether I am right or wrong about it.  First, "Kor" is Elvish for round, and gives us additional variations that I have taken to mean ball or globe.  So, in the first case, I have associated Stones with this name.  But, second, that name is also applied to the Elvish city in Valinor that sat on a hill.  In the earliest drafts, Kor was the name of both the city and the hill, and later Tuna was the proper name for the city, and Kor was the hill, I believe.


In any case, we have a potential double meaning here for Stone as well as the home of the Eldar in Valinor itself.


Then, looking at Gordon, I actually first thought of a song that my dad would play often when I was little and we would go on road trips.  The song is called "Albany" and it was sung by a man named Roger Whittaker.  Gordon is the name of one of the characters in that song, described as a 'golden eagle' who is ultimately betrayed by his brother who was "dark as a raven".  It also describes a fortress named "Albany".  This imaginary fortress resided in the Scottish Highlands, but was destroyed by the "King's Men" (setting it on fire) who desired Gordon's lands and his life.  I have associated this song in the past with Eressea and it's partial destruction by Pharazon and his King's Men.


But for our purposes here, I wasn't focused on the song so much (although relevant, I think), but actually became more interested in the meaning of the name Gordon.  It seems to mean "spacious fort".


This idea of a fort is one that has come up before, and which I have equated with the "Holy Places" that God's people will stand in at a future day and not be moved from.  Readers who took a look at Part 1 (and the only part for now) of the Jan-Feb 2022 words would have read these words and my interpretation:


Artu ararat kin Yavanna heir
Fortress high out way/ path family Yavanna heir
(the family of Yavanna's heir will be led on a path to a high fortress by that heir)


So, anyway, in the name "Gordon Kor" at the bottom of the book as shown in the picture, we have a potential reference to a spacious fort, with this fort being specifically Kor, the city on a hill in Valinor - i.e., "Fort Kor".  More on this in just a second.


Next, I noticed the school bus and the peace sign.  This one was really interesting.


In the weeks between Asenath's beat-down on the Balrog in April 2020 and my own serious issues starting in May, I had a dream that involved a school bus of all things.  In the dream, I was on a school bus filled with really happy people, and we were going somewhere but I didn't know exactly where.  It was just really good.  We were so happy that we were singing a song, and the song consisted of just one word over and over again:  "Sedi" (I am going off of memory on how I spelled it since this is from the period where my notebooks are gone and I don't have the record.  I believe this is right, though).


I had assumed (rightly, I now think) that Sedi was based on the Elvish word "Sed".  That root specifically means "Rest", but derivatives of it, and I assume Sedi is one such derivative, are expanded to mean:  Peace.


So, on the cover of this book I saw my dream, where I was on a school bus singing a word that means peace and rest over and over with my busmates.  And look in that bus - you have an explosion of rainbow of colors against the window.  Rainbows can be generated by shining light into a prism (triangles!), and so I think represent here the Family of Light.  They are going home.  Excited Light?


But I knew that, or at least that part seemed to be the same as other syncs - reminding me in a picture or symbol of a story or dream I was already familiar with, but nothing really new.


However, this is when I made the connection between the bus and peace sign (my dream, essentially) and the name that was below it.  The cover all came together for me.


Where were we going in my dream?  We were going to Kor, our home and fortress.  Valinor has got to be a pretty nice place, so that would explain why the mood on the bus was so good.  It, and Kor specifically, will serve as a resting place and place of protection for those who are led there.  


This ties back to the 'Holy Places' that we will stand in.  In Mormon lore, these Holy Places have ranged from places like Jackson County, Missouri, or in all of the temples they have built across the Earth.  My point of view, and what I have alluded to before, is the Holy Places are not anywhere on this Earth, and thus fleeing to them will require a pretty unique and special journey.


And it is Holy Places, plural.  For quite a while, I have assumed, based on my words, that it is at Asenath's home, just off of Eressea, that the Family will gather to.  I will perhaps go a bit more into that in another post, or at least touch on it in the context of other thoughts.


But that is only one place... more than one seems to be implied.   And I didn't really know or have any other thoughts on what the other Places might be.  This, then, is what I learned today.   Kor is the other Place.  There may be more - I don't know - but there are at least two, and my daughter's book cover taught me the location of the second place.


So, in summary, there are at least two places that will be set aside for gathering and protection - Asenath's House by Eressea, and the City of Kor in Valinor.


"Schooled" by the Fairies, I guess.


I do have to commend them, or at least the one that likes to talk in syncs.  I think I've mentioned that if turns out 'they' are Good, I have a guess as to who they are.  My guess is they are all very unique individuals (seven of them in total), and that perhaps these syncs are one way that perhaps one of them speaks through.  I don't know.  In any case, after I said no more sun-flower ladies at my door, they really have taken a more mellow approach. 


I mean, it doesn't get any more like a mic-drop moment where I say I don't want random people showing up at my door, and they respond by sneakily having me assemble the Morley Hum Exterminator symbol over the course of a couple days without me noticing it until after the fact.  


I have to respect that kind of skill.


I'll conclude with Roger Whittaker's "Albany" (as I went to find the link in YouTube I learned that Roger apparently just passed away in September, in France):





No comments:

Post a Comment