Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Stones and Keys, Part 3: The Voice of Saruman



I've realized I have been dragging my feet on Saruman. Even now, as I have started to try and write this, I have stared at a blank screen for quite a bit feeling like I just don't have it in me. And I do have work to do, and a host of other things, so excuses are piling up.


All the more reason to proceed, I think.


I will relate a dream that I believe I had in 2022, though now that I am going to write on it I find that I don't remember the exact date. The memory is clear on it though, and it would have come either last year or earlier this year.


The dream actually is split into two nights (at least I have joined these two dreams into one story).


The first night, I found myself standing on one side of what seemed to be a highway. As I looked across the highway, I saw my youngest son fishing in what appeared to be a small lake or pond. He was with a group of people. There was some sudden excitement as my son hooked a fish and reeled it in. He was so excited that he turned around to find me across the highway. He wanted to show me his fish, and began running across the street. I noticed now that it was a fairly busy road, and I began screaming at him to stop or he was going to get hit by a car. In his excitement, he didn't hear me or didn't listen and kept running across the street. I woke up just as I saw a car was going to plough right into him, and assuming he must have been severely hurt or killed in the collision.


The next night, I found it was now me that was fishing in what I assumed was the same spot that my son had been fishing. My line was in the water, and I noticed that a beautiful, shiny fish was hooked on it. It glimmered through the water. You think I would have been excited, but I found myself growing quite sad and despondent, even. Rather than think that I had caught the fish, I was now believing that the fish had caught me! As I looked at the fish in the water, I could almost feel it communicating with my mind, and it had fully convinced me that, despite all appearances to the contrary, he had in fact caught me. I began to give up, and not even bother reeling it in.


In my sadness about the unfortunate turn of events of being caught by this fish (as I fully believed now), I now noticed that on either side of me I was surrounded by friends. They began speaking to me and offering words of encouragement. They were excited, and attempted to convince me about the true state of the situation - that I had caught the fish! They pointed out that I held the rod, and that the fish was hooked on my line... how could it be that I was the one caught?


I found myself believing them, and proceeded to reel in this fish. We were all very excited once I landed it. In this scene of celebration, I held it up still attached to my hook and examined it more closely. Its color seemed to change and shift depending on my angle of viewing it... it was like a translucent white that would throw off different colors. I had never seen anything like it.


As I marveled at its appearance, I had the thought that this was going to be a beautiful thing to hang on my wall. In the middle of that thought, though, the fish (still hanging on my line in the air) began to change shapes. It was assuming the form of a man. It was in the middle of this transformation that I woke up.


So, I've had a few different interpretations of this dream since I had it. The one I land on now, however, is that the fish that I caught in my dream is none other than Saruman.


It was actually a passage I read from LOTR a few months ago. I haven't read much from it since earlier events - let's just say it isn't looked on favorably in my household after what happened. If I were to be found walking around with the book, I am not sure what would happen to me, actually.


So, I reference it sometimes when I have a thought, but otherwise leave it be, or look up things online. In this case, I had actually come across the passage as part of an online search about something else, read the quote in question, and instantly thought of my dream.


The quote comes from Gandalf during the Council of Elrond in Rivendell as he relates his earlier imprisonment by Saruman. In his commentary, he relates how Saruman changed his robes. He says this, starting with Saruman going off on Radagast:


' "Radagast the Brown!" laughed Saruman, and no longer concealed his scorn. "Radagast the Bird-tamer! Radagast the Simple! Radagast the Fool! Yet he had just the wit to play the part that I set for him. For you have come, and that was all the purpose of my message. And here you will stay, Gandalf the Grey, and rest from journeys. For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!"

'I looked then as saw that his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours, and if he moved they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered.'


When I read that, which I wasn't expecting to find as I was looking for something else, I thought "The fish!".


Up until that time, which would have only been just a couple months ago (after I started writing on this blog again) I had settled on the fish being Brigham. For those who have read earlier posts, you know my feelings on that character. But in reading this, it seemed to come together that I was actually seeing Saruman in that dream.


A fish is actually not a bad dream symbol for Saruman. He was known by the nickname of Sharky in the Shire - a shark being a type of fish.  I know that the fish has become a common symbol of Jesus among Christians, but maybe that is something that ought to be revisited...


Saruman and/or a reference to a 'shark' has come up in my words from 2019 and 2020 before (though I did not know it at the time), so this continued to make sense to me, and the story started to build from there even as I was writing about Brigham. In one of my posts on Brigham entitled "Making some connections between Omar-Dairon and Brigham", I wrote this in relation to a potential role that Saruman had with Brigham:

Saruman still haunts the Earth, I think, and for all I know he was also involved in adding his own power to the spell that Brigham-Omar-Wormtongue would cast on these poor people.  It is said in folklore that Joseph Smith said Brigham would lead the church into hell if he ever became its president, and that is exactly what he did.  Although there is likely no love between Saruman and Brigham-Wormtongue based on events of the LOTR, still evil Beings seem to find mutual cause and temporary partnerships when it suits their purposes.

I was still exploring this as I was writing about Brigham, and this brief reference more or less comes out of a connection that seemed logical, if not fully defined in my story yet.  If Brigham is also Wormtongue, it seems that Saruman might naturally be involved.  It would be after this developing thought that I would find the quote above by Gandalf at Elrond's Council, and the story would go from there.

I would then later find that story played out (roughly, or at least I could see elements of it) in the Woodkid video "Iron" (post here).  As I mentioned, I believe that the role of Saruman is played by this guy:



He is the man holding the book with the crossed keys. He also, of all the characters, is the only one speaking.  He and his voice are juxtaposed primarily with two other images - the sleeping boy on the alter, and the organ pipes.


What and why is he speaking, and what are the effects?


At this point, let me pull in a passage from D&C 50.  These words were given to Joseph Smith, and the LDS version gives a brief overview of the situation the led to Joseph relaying this.  That introduction says:

Joseph Smith’s history states that some of the elders did not understand the manifestations of different spirits abroad in the earth and that this revelation was given in response to his special inquiry on the matter. So-called spiritual phenomena were not uncommon among the members, some of whom claimed to be receiving visions and revelations.


OK, so we have all sorts of strange things going on among these early Mormons, and Joseph is trying to figure out what the heck is going on.  Here are then the opening words:

 

Hearken, O ye elders of my church, and give ear to the voice of the living God; and attend to the words of wisdom which shall be given unto you, according as ye have asked and are agreed as touching the church, and the spirits which have gone abroad in the earth.

Behold, verily I say unto you, that there are many spirits which are false spirits, which have gone forth in the earth, deceiving the world.

And also Satan hath sought to deceive you, that he might overthrow you.

Behold, I, the Lord, have looked upon you, and have seen abominations in the church that profess my name.


So, some spirits are abroad on the Earth doing whatever they can to deceive people, and they are currently causing abominations among these early Mormons.  This was back in 1831, by the way, at the very beginning.  Joseph and Hyrum would be around for another 13 years.


Who are these false spirits?  I will propose that at least one of them, perhaps the most important one when it comes to the Mormon church, is Saruman.  Again, if we are to take Tolkien's stories as being something real, which I do, then we have to account for Saruman's fate.  He was a Maia, and so even internally consistent with that universe alone, could not die or be ended.  Upon his death (stabbing by Wormtongue) he arose as something like a plume of smoke, and looked Westward, toward Aman and Eressea where he hoped to return.  But that way was obviously barred to him, and a cold wind arose and blew him East, and in the eyes of the onlookers in the Shire, the smoke form dissolved into nothing.


But he still endured (being that spirits and Beings cannot be destroyed) and he has wandered the Earth ever since, I believe.  His desire to return to Aman has never left him, and I believe he found in Joseph Smith and the Mormon movement an opportunity.  He knows quite a lot, and I think understood who Joseph was and what might be possible for him in co-opting Joseph's efforts.


The way back home is stated as starting with repentance.  As he showed Gandalf at Orthanc, it seems Saruman is incapable of acknowledging wrong and asking for forgiveness.  If he could, as Gandalf said, there would be a path forward for him.  This seems beyond him, however, or perhaps more accurately, his pride and desire to be known as Great seems to have him thinking he is beyond or in no need of repentance.


How else can he get back home, then?  It is through the Sawtooth Stone, I believe, and events surrounding the reestablishment of links between worlds that he sees his opportunity.


Thus, he and his partner Wormtongue-Brigham (an evil alliance that will not last, but serves both of their ends until each gets what they think they want) and others working with them usurped the Mormon movement, led those people out to a God-forsaken desert where even more enemies waited (I am looking at you, Son of Baal Ox), and continued to scheme around that Stone.  I have mentioned my belief that Brigham is once again here as a Man, and this would indicate that some plan or scheme hatched by both of them is currently in operation.  The good news is that it must mean, also, that the Good Guys also have their plan running in high gear also.  


This takes me back to that video.  I don't particularly like it, by the way, though it captures my attention.  I find its imagery disturbing, and if there wasn't a story that I saw in it, I wouldn't be referencing it.  I don't know why there is a story there, and I don't know who put it in there, but I see it.


The man reading from his book of keys (Saruman) is first juxtaposed with those organ pipes.  As he reads and speaks, we see cuts to the pipes, continuously zooming in on them.  Are they playing?  It is hard to say right off the bat, since the music of the actual song is playing.  But I believe what we see here, or at least one thing, is the voice of Saruman being piped through those organ pipes.  In other words, the Mormon church as it changed over from Joseph to Brigham became the mouthpiece of Saruman, with those large organ pipes carrying his melodious and powerful voice to many, including the Family of Light, and holding them under his spell.  The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, by the way, has become a symbol of Mormonism to many, including their logo showing the tabernacle pipes.  Below is the logo that was around for some time (they have updated it to a more modern look recently, making it not even look like organ pipes anymore, in my opinion):



It should be also noted in the symbolism of the pipes, that the Tabernacle, the Salt Lake Temple, all of it, is a very Brigham-Utah Mormon thing... Joseph Smith had nothing to do with any of that.


It is with this story in mind that we can turn to the boy lying on the alter.  In one interpretation, we can interpret this as one being - Faramir - escaping from both Saruman and those who follow his voice in order to establish the link I have written on.  Perhaps it could even by Joseph Smith, and that boy really does lie dead on that alter at the hands of that Voice and those that follow him.  I could see both of these interpretations as correct if we limit him to individuals (and WJT has mentioned this 'strongman' fleeing a temple in at least one of his posts).  I don't think it is a complete view, however.


Many of the Family of Light, I believe, fall within the influence of the Mormon church, and thus this voice of Saruman.  This might mean current members, former members, people interested in the church, or people not even remotely interested in the church based on various things they know about it.  My definition of 'influence' here is pretty wide.  These people have all been lulled to sleep by this powerful voice, and they will need to 'wake up'.  As I have written on before, it is events surrounding these Stones that will enable this to happen.


What of the others in the video - all those people with various forms of keys?  Well, we have identified Brigham.  He likely thinks he has and will have keys.  Others also, probably including current church leaders, unfortunately, and expanding our conspiracy.  It is they who preach at their pulpits that the keys of the kingdom lie with them.  And you can see them there in this video, wearing their various keys.  But they are false keys - they are the keys that Saruman has placed around them, but not, as we see in their fate, as something that will unlock anything for them, but rather something that binds them and will lead to their destruction.  Chains hanging around their necks.


As Sauron once bound Men through the One Ring, giving gifts of rings to Men who accepted them in their lust for power, I believe Saruman has performed a similar and related trick in our day, which not only says something about him, but also about the nature of the Men who have accepted these 'keys' they wear about, Men like Mormon church leaders.  They continually remind their followers that i) they as prophets hold all of the keys (using exactly that language) and thus ii) they are to be followed in all things ("Follow the prophet").  


But this isn't so, and I think Michael Jackson, some Stones, and probably a host of other things and Beings will demonstrate this.


To those not even remotely connected to the Mormon church this might be a strange thing to harp on.  The Mormon church, like any other organized religion, is not really growing today, and they remain relatively small in influence related to pretty much anything else.  Who cares?  So Saruman and those in league with evil whisper evil things, packaged within a host of 'good' things (there are many good things the Mormon church does), to keep some people asleep and stir up others to think they are more than what they are.  Big deal.  Two things on this:


First, you may be underestimating the power and reach that the same voices that hold sway over the Mormon church (in this story) have over things also impacting other aspects of our existence here.  The 'droning' and power of these voices might not just be limited to the minds of those attached to Mormonism.


Second, as I wrote in my asymmetric objectives of good and evil, it matters to everybody because as long as Saruman, Brigham, and others can even just keep one of the Family of Light asleep, then Evil everywhere wins.   That family has been numbered and will be counted, and this current chapter of the story doesn't end and go on to a better phase until all of them have safely rescued.  It is a complicated and asymmetrical game that Good is trying to win here, and I believe significant thought has gone into just how to pull it off (and as I keep writing about and obsessing over, this involves in some fashion these Stones).


So, it should matter to all of us if there is a vehicle to trap members of that Family, because the impact of that affects us all.  It is all or nothing for that Family - no one left behind - and so the story will go on as long as it takes to enable that to happen.


There are probably other things to write on Saruman, but maybe I will wrap it up today with a reference to what Saruman is wearing in that Iron video.  In my Part 2 post on Iron, in writing on the man that I hadn't yet introduced as Saruman I wrote:


The camera goes back to the man speaking, and if we were in doubt as to his intentions before, his face and manner of speaking now seem to strongly suggest that he is not probably up to any good. What is he reading, and who is he reading to? (And what is he wearing?)


That last question in parentheses about what he was wearing was something I went back and added after having already gone on to the next paragraph.  A little nudge in my mind said to go back and look at what he was wearing.  I did, couldn't make anything of it at the time, and then just added that question not really knowing where it would lead, but thinking perhaps something important to consider.


I went back and looked at it later.  It is really hard to make out what is going on there - it does kind of bewilder the eye, as Gandalf would remark of Saruman's clothes.  Which is interesting maybe, but as I looked closer and tried to concentrate on the attire, it got more interesting.  Maybe you see it differently, but to me it seems that all of the various shapes on this man's suit are different small rocks, crystal-shapes, pebbles, etc.  Sort of natural small rock shapes.  Is that what you see?  We can't tell what color it would all be, since it's a black and white video, however.


I then looked into the name Saruman.  It is assumed that Saruman is not actually an Elvish name of any kind, and further, is likely a name that Tolkien gave Saruman based on an Old English name "Meaning Man of Skill or Cunning", which certainly fits the bill.


I wasn't willing to leave it at just that, though (given my interest in these multiple meanings) and looked up various possible Elvish meanings.


Breaking up Saruman into Sar-uman, we get this:


Sar:  Little stone/ rock

U-man(e/a):  not blessed / without blessing (evil) OR not a spirit of the air / without spirit of the air OR something about a departed spirit (there are a bunch of different definition for this last part, all pointing to something bad based on the "U-"...)


So, I have a man who I think is Saruman in this video wearing a suit comprised of little stones/ rocks, and doing bad/ evil things.  Further, this all ties into my story of Stones, Beings, and who and who not to listen to.  If the story is correct, that there are Stones and Beings that we will at some point want/ need to listen to, it should surely not be Saruman, since one definition (among many bad ones) of his name literally means "Unblessed Stone"

 

It was enough for me to again think there is something to this story, and that for whatever reason, elements of that story played out in the scenes of this video, including the attire of that man speaking with his book of keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment