Wednesday, December 6, 2023

It only gets better

Before I went for a run this morning, I checked WJT's blog, where in one of his posts he brought up the Sheppard song "Keep Me Crazy" and my quick post from a little while ago regarding some cloud shapes that might be of interest, and other things in the video.


As I started running, I figured I would go ahead and lead off with that song since its fairly upbeat.  I went through the song, and then let Spotify pick the next one.  It doesn't go into DJ mode, but basically just begins going down its own playlist based on your opening song.


The very next song was from a band I have literally never heard of, and so obviously hadn't heard the song, either.  The song is "It Only Gets Better" by WILD. 


For some reason, it really caught my attention listening to the first few lines.   It just sounded really upbeat and good for the moment, so I spared it the fate of so many other songs and didn't push skip.  I looked down at my phone, and noticed the song artwork had a single Sunflower sitting on an empty chair.



They actually have another album it turns out (this song is not on that album), where they replicate this image, and add confetti, like this is all part of a party, which I just found because I was searching for the other image to paste in here.




Anyway, as I ran and listened to the lyrics, I liked the song even more.  I actually couldn't imagine a better song this morning that could have captured so much of what has been going through my mind.


And, in those times back in 2020 - 2021, in particular, when it seemed during stretches that there was no way out of my mess, the voices that I have come to trust would say much of what is captured in this song - that it gets better, in a really good way.

This past week, I reunited with an old friend who knows more about what I am writing here than anybody, and we both agreed that sometimes there is this desire to go back before all of this and forget this whole thing, but that just hasn't been possible.  There isn't any going back... but I think that will prove to be a good thing.  I hope, at least.


Here is the song:





7 comments:

  1. That's imagery from the Queen of Wands:

    https://sacred-texts.com/tarot/pkt/img/waqu.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we have a missing queen, then. I wonder where she went?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, an oddly relatable song.

    It may interest you to know sunflowers were apparently a favourite of Michael Jackson's.
    https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/presleys-sun-shower-plea-for-jackson-20100514-v21z.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. WG: I did not know that, but I suppose I should not be surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, in Elvish, 'Wild' would be a form of "to fly, float, sail", with 'wilda' specifically meaning 'winged'. It is interesting to note in the lyric video the very obvious use of wings attached to a hand, with the words 'just wait' on it.

    In my post on Michael Jackson, actually, I related the phrase around Yor El (Ancient Stone or Star), which concluded with the injunction to 'wait for it'. It is Michael, I believe, in that phrase who is being told to wait for the that ancient Stone, which he will hold with his hands at some point.

    https://coatofskins.blogspot.com/2023/10/michael-jackson-and-stone.html

    I have also identified Michael-Faramir-etc., as potentially the Being also known as the Arm of the Lord, and here we have a flying hand (I assume it is connected to a complete arm?).

    https://coatofskins.blogspot.com/2023/08/here-am-i-send-me-revisiting.html

    And of course, it is my belief that through that Stone that is being waited for that ultimately things will 'get better' (good times rolling...).

    Interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did see those posts before. Curious.

    ...Hmm, wait a moment. "Michael T. Jackson." T? *squints*

    ReplyDelete
  7. WG:

    Hard to tell with the "T" comment on your exact meaning, but seems like you might be perhaps relating it to Tim - as in, equating our 'Michael Jackson' with Tim?

    If so, I would just be careful with that, as that is perhaps exactly how Saruman would want to be known as or perceived.

    My own guess on the T currently is that it stands for 'Tar', which means "High" in Elvish. I might put up a post on this at some point, but if I am right that Michael is also Eonwe and others I have associated with him, then this would make the most sense to me.

    ReplyDelete