Saturday, December 23, 2023

Sar gu Omar: This story element part of 2022 words?

I had a completely different post draft written for yesterday before I went the route I did in posting and going through initial thoughts on the words from early 2022.  In fact, the night before yesterday, with a little extra time on my hands, I started writing the post focused primarily on the Feb. 3 words (about the 'equilibrium' and "Abraham reciprocal saw') and attempting to demonstrate that it might be possible to see this Omar-Brigham story where he goes to Eressea #2 in those 2022 words.


I finished the draft that night, and then was going to post it the next morning, so I could focus on wrapping up work for the year ahead of Christmas break, and getting other stuff done.


However, when I went to publish it, I had this thought that perhaps I should just post all of the words.  It seemed that in just tying in the Feb. 3 words, it still left everyone else reading this in the dark as to what the other words were.  In addition, it kept going down this track of the Brigham-to-Eressea #2 story, and this all seemed kind of new and experimental, so I thought maybe I should back up and just post all of the words from that time and take them as they were, rather than trying to keep going down this one story thread.


The result was yesterday's post, where I just wrote out each day's phrase and put my initial thoughts down.  I found I had a bit of time in the afternoon, so I just decided to go for it and get all of those words on there, in an admittedly meandering mess, but at least they are up. 


As it turned out, however, WJT left a comment on that post regarding "Ammonites" that still has my mind going down this story element, and actually expanding it or tying a few things together for me relative to Helaman's 'stripling warriors', the Lamanites, and how some of that might fit into this visit from the Gentiles upon Eressea #2.


I won't go into that thinking specifically in this post, but will in a follow-up.  If I have time, I will try to do it before Christmas.  If not, it might be some time next week.  We will see.  There are some interesting things to think about in walking down that thought train generated by having "Milkom-men" be a very creative way of referencing Ammonites (as in the people of Ammon from the Book of Mormon).


In the meantime, here is the original post that I wrote tying the Feb. 3 words to the Omar-Brigham story, before I saved it as a draft, shelved it, and wrote the other post I published with the complete word set from those weeks.  It was meant to continue the story thread, or at least 'see' some support for it in those words.  It will also lead into some of this thinking around Ammonites coming out of WJT's comment. 


Some of the thinking around Feb. 3, in particular, will be repetitive to what you would have read yesterday (I think in some cases I literally just carried over some of those paragraphs into the new post, so some things might be exactly the same), but again, it is in the more specific focus on Eressea itself vs. the reuniting of all worlds or lands of the Earth.


Original Post:


So, I have this very tentative, exploratory storyline that has Omar-Brigham heading off into the wild blue yonder and landing among Lamanites in Eressea #2, followed closely behind by Gentiles bearing a Book with a story that Omar-Brigham himself may have corrupted in league with the Great and Abominable Church that spans outer space and multiple worlds.  Once on that world, things happen (conflicts with Lamanites, conflicts with the other Gentiles) before these Gentiles uncover additional records that fill in the gaps to the story they thought was complete and wholly true, but wasn't.  Omar-Brigham is exposed, Gentiles (hopefully) repent, join with the Lamanites and become part of Israel, and Eressea #1 and #2 are rejoined with respect to people and lands.


Cool.


After writing that out and summarizing it a few different ways now over the last several days it doesn't sound quite as nutty, at least the first part.  I have a hard time visualizing the Gentiles’ initial beat-down of the Lamanites, and the conflict with the mother Gentiles, however.  Not even sure what to do with that at this point.


Interestingly, however, I went back on some of my words from January and February 2022 and I actually can see a general frame of that above story, at least with Brigham's involvement, in those words.  It is one of those things where the meaning of those words are so fuzzy that one can make them mean all sorts of things, but still, without really any twisting and with some educated guesses, part of the story is there.


I posted the first half of those words in a post titled (creatively) "Jan-Feb 2022 Words Part 1: A hidden plan revealed".  It's curious in hindsight that I chose to break those words up into 2 parts, when I am now engaged in a story involving a land (Eressea) that is in 2 parts or halves.  I never ended up posting on the second part of those words, primarily because I didn't think I knew enough about what they meant to walk through like I did on the first part (not that I know the first part, but I could at least show my 'work' and have some guesses based on some translations).


However, the first entry in the second part, when considered immediately after the last few entries of the first part I did share seem to *potentially* relate to this story, at least to warring factions, Omar without a Stone, and Eressea's fate being reversed or repaired.


So, from that earlier post, here are the Jan. 31 and Feb. 1, 2022 entries and my 'translations':

Jan. 31
ahuna gotu yosu yasura
Ancient accursed war against ? ancient clan

Feb. 1
Sar gu Omar du esta Thank You
(V1:  Stone without Omar dark name, V2:  Thank You)


In that earlier post, I guessed that perhaps the ancient accursed were Numenoreans, and they would fight against another clan (maybe Gentiles... 'gens' is Latin for 'clan', among other things).  It's a reasonable guess, but perhaps there is another way of viewing this, in light of this other storyline.


I thought through who else was 'cursed' anciently.  Wasn't that the Lamanites (and Lemuelites)?   Isn't there a 'curse' on them that still needs to be removed?  Lehi's blessing to them before he died was that this would happen fully (2 Nephi 4):


But behold, my sons and my daughters [Laman's family], I cannot go down to my grave save I should leave a blessing upon you; for behold, I know that if ye are brought up in the way ye should go ye will not depart from it.

Wherefore, if ye are cursed, behold, I leave my blessing upon you, that the cursing may be taken from you and be answered upon the heads of your parents.

Wherefore, because of my blessing the Lord God will not suffer that ye shall perish; wherefore, he will be merciful unto you and unto your seed forever.


Moroni's writings, in a few places, at the end of the Book of Mormon seem to confirm that, at least at the time he was wrapping up that set of records, that there was still a group known as Lamanites, they were still under a curse, needed to know that they were Israel, and that they could repent, part of which meant laying down their weapons of war.


So, it is possible to identify the 'ancient accursed' with the Lamanites on Eressea #2, rather than with Numenoreans (also cursed, but potentially not mentioned here).  These cursed would be at war with an another group - "yasura" - potentially "ancient clan" as written above.  Also as mentioned, this 'clan' might refer to the Gentiles (and give us a hint that to be a "Gentile" is to exist as part of a clan or defined group, just the same as being part of "Israel" is a defined set of people... which gets to Leo's earlier comment about the Gentiles not being a catch-all category, perhaps).


Thus, the Jan. 31 words potentially refer to the conflict between the Lamanites and Gentiles on Eressea #2, a conflict that the Lamanites will initially lose, it seems, from Nephi's vision.


However, the Feb. 1 words mention that Omar-Brigham will not have a Stone with him, and events may take place that will be beyond his ability to control.  His name will be dark, and this perhaps includes the finding and release of records while on Eressea #2 that shed light on what had been corrupted by him and the GAC.


I don't know - sounds not impossible (at least relative to everything else, which is an admittedly low bar).  It is, however, when we get to the next entry on Feb. 3 that Eressea is again brought to mind, and this story just seems to want to sit in my mind a bit longer.  These words would be the first entry of that next section I didn't share, so you won't have seen these even if had read that other post.  I am going to put them below, and then not even bother trying to translate because I don't have any idea.  However, the two English phrases stand out to me, and I will go through my reasoning:


Feb. 3

Vaha isi vaha ein [? - handwriting not clear on ein] urendi sufficient to conclude a state of equilibrium mas helcar uriel domo Abraham reciprocal saw


The two English phrases, obviously, are "sufficient to conclude a state of equilibrium" and "Abraham reciprocal saw".


So, something is being done that will end some state, equilibrium having to do with balance, usually.  And by balance, this is often applied to two parts, or two equal forces, with equal being one of the root words.  With Eressea, we are dealing with two halfs, split down the middle, existing as such in a state of equilibrium relative to each other, but yet separate?  I don't know.  It could also refer to a stalemate situation on Eressea #2 itself as things progress.  


Regardless, it is possible Eressea has something to do with this phrase, and this possibility is made more likely by the Abraham phrase.


In the tale told of Eressea's splitting into two parts as found in Doug's writing of Words of Them Which Have Slumbered, it is Abraham (known a Ki-Abroam in the story) whose 'axe' is the instrument that does the deed:


against a black bottomless pit in what was long ago (seeming) as sky, streaked now a blazing scimitar, beam of fused star-and-sun, silver-turning-golden, until unfolding as an axe's head, red flame stretched out over the whole pit-sky; and that magic axe was down upon Eressea, and half was sent down into the depths rushing, while yet one half cleared of wicked things, being clean was lifted upon this axe's head, as a lever raises some stone of a pit's grasp...


This axe-meteor-whatever divides Eressea into 2 halves, and one goes up, and the other goes down.  Again, with this imagery of equilibrium, you have two opposing actions for each half - one up, one down, in kind of a perverse balance of sorts.


However, that will be rectified, and these two opposing halves, in terms of up and down, will be brought back together.  The Abraham's reciprocal saw, in this case, I take as perhaps a play on words in relation to that first axe.  A reciprocating saw is named that because of the back and forth motion, but I think the reciprocal is mentioned here based the word is based on its Latin root recipropcus (per Etymonline.com... my source for all of these types of things), which apparently means to "returning the same way", as in, reversing the motion or action.


So, in other words, the existing state of a divided Eressea #1 and 2 is over, and those lands are returned to their original state before their cataclysmic separation.


In light of this other recent storyline I am exploring, this restoration and literal reuniting of Eressea's lands will all be possible because of the Gentiles journey to to Eressea #2, following a corrupt man and a corrupt Book, no less.


So, good comes from evil, and God really can work even through evil people like Brigham, in the end.


Anyway, that is how this story continues to shape in my mind, and I just thought it was interesting that I could 'kind of' see that in these words.  Who knows, if others have ideas on those Feb.3 words, it might end up being something completely different, but for now it works.


Actually, having just written all of that above, I did a quick online search on the word "Urendi".  I had been treating it like an Elvish word, so like "Ur" equals sun or heat, or something.  Which also seems to match up with a Latin meaning of that word of burnt or enflamed, or something similar.


It turns out Urendi is also the name for the head Eldil in C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy.  Urendi Maleldil is the name.  Even though I read all 3 books I don't remember much about this character, I think primarily because he wasn't really 'in' it.  It looks like he is basically representative of God, Supreme Creator, etc. in those books.  Anyway, maybe that fits in somewhere.  At the very least, it is another Space Trilogy nod, and there have been a few, so if not correct in many or any of the details, perhaps there still is something to this whole Space theme or backdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment