Thursday, February 22, 2024

Coriantumr and Donald Trump, the light-minded highness

I stay away from political conversations as best as I can, and this blog isn't politically oriented.  However, I am going to take a quick step away from Thomas Marsh and other items for this post to include my thoughts on Donald Trump, but not in a political way... at least, not with some statement about how one should or should not view him, his politics, or the politics of those who oppose him.  I am not too interested in getting involved in all that, though I realize in just using that name, political antennae go up.


This post will take a much different angle than any other you have ever read on Trump, and I am much more interested as to the implications as they relate to us and the times that we live in.


A few weeks ago, in one of my dreams, I found myself giving 'advice' to Donald Trump.  Given the content of my dreams and thoughts lately, this seemed like a strange, random dream that was out of place with everything else.  Perhaps the result of hearing about him in the news cycle or something like that, and my brain just threw that in there and this was not something to really think about.


However, I found it and him on my mind last night, which wasn't expected I guess, and some of my thinking had me go back and wonder if that dream wasn't so random.  So, I am going to just lay some things out.  We'll see how well this all ages (might not be too well!).



A light-minded highness


I should first admit that in the context of all my strange experiences, my dream about Trump (which I will get into shortly) was not the first time he has come up.  He has come up once before, in a daytime "phrase" that came into my mind.  It would have been in the summer of 2020, when things were really bad for me and I was trying to forget everything that had happened up to that point - thus, any new 'experiences' or thoughts weren't really welcome, and gave me significant anxiety if I had them.


In this case, I was at my in-laws' house.  Since it was an election year, Donald Trump came up in some form in the discussion.  I can't remember how.  But as the discussion was going on (I was just listening, if I remember right), a very clear phrase came to my mind that seemed to be referring to Trump.  The phrase was:  "A light-minded highness".


It 'felt' like it came from a mind that was not my own, and was a word game in a type of phrase and language I wouldn't use, like so many of these other things have been.  To be light-minded normally means something like to not take something seriously.  However, it could also mean to have light on your mind, if you wanted to take a more literal approach.  Trump had at one point suggested or openly wondered about 'injecting' light or finding some way to apply light therapy into people in response to the COVID situation at one point (a suggestion which he was reamed for by the media who misconstrued his words to suggest he was telling people to inject liquid bleach into themselves), which would have been not too long before this phrase popped into my mind.  So, that was one possible solution.  Others emerged as to what it would mean to be 'light-minded' when I would think about it from time to time.


And, of course, in US politics the position of President has become almost tantamount to that of a king, so maybe highness referred to that, or perhaps there was some other meaning or reason for that word - I didn't know, but I was actively trying  not think too much about strange words and dreams at the time.


I kind of tucked this thought away, or buried it, but still at times wondered why there was this phrase that seemed or felt to come fully formed from another mind into my own about Trump.


Fast forward, then, to my dream from a few weeks ago.  



Giving advice to Trump, and Donald Trump as Coriantumr


In the dream, I found myself sitting with Trump and having a one-on-one conversation.  I was giving him some advice.  I don't remember all of it, or the specific words, but my advice was along the lines of telling him that he needed to change some things with respect to his approach.  I believe there was some comment that if he didn't, he would just be consolidating his base, or some politic-speak like that.  I don't remember him speaking, so it wasn't clear if it was a dialogue or if he was listening at all.


Anyway, that was it - very short.  I couldn't remember the words, but the feeling of sitting there and giving him advice just really stayed with me for some odd reason, clearly since it has still been on my mind.


Last night, this all came together in the form of building a case that Donald Trump is Coriantumr from the Book of Ether in the Book of Mormon.  You read that right:  Donald Trump = Coriantumr.  We have Jaredites (and Numenoreans) among us!  At least one, although my guess is there are many, many more than just him.  Although I have had the thought that Jaredites and Numenoreans, among others, would be here on this world at this time, this was the first time I had ever had the thought that Coriantumr was Donald Trump.


It actually, honestly, made sense when it popped into my brain, which I guess is why I paid attention to the thought.  Just had that 'click' feel to it, though that doesn't necessarily mean it is right, just that it made sense.  It continued to make some sense as I thought more about it, which is why I am posting it here, and like I said, we will see how that thought ages.  You never know on these.


For those not as familiar with Coriantumr's story, his story is actually entwined with that of Ether.  Recall that I have Ether as the same Being who would be known as Abinadi among Noah's people, but also as Faramir, which is how he ties into this.


Here is how Moroni (who is now summarizing things in the stead of Mormon, who has been killed) introduces Ether and Coriantumr, and the situation:


And it came to pass that the days of Ether were in the days of Coriantumr; and Coriantumr was king over all the land.

And Ether was a prophet of the Lord; wherefore Ether came forth in the days of Coriantumr, and began to prophesy unto the people, for he could not be restrained because of the Spirit of the Lord which was in him.

For he did cry from the morning, even until the going down of the sun, exhorting the people to believe in God unto repentance lest they should be destroyed, saying unto them that by faith all things are fulfilled  (Ether 13)


Up until this time, the Jaredites have gone back and forth between righteous and evil times, good and bad kings, murder, rebellion, intrigue, power - you name it.  But time is up, now, and things are about to get really bad.  Ether's job apparently at the start is to try and warn people away from their ultimate destruction, but in the end that job transitions into merely being a witness of their end.   In that end, everyone except for Ether himself and Coriantumr (Donald Trump!) will be dead.


Coriantumr starts off as the king, and during the first part of that recorded reign, we learn that Ether has not only been calling people to repent, but has been prophesying about, interestingly, the same topics we have been covering here:  Xanadu, meaning the Jerusalem and New Jerusalem.  


The people don't believe anything Ether says ("they esteemed his as nought"), they don't repent, and they cast him out.  Ether has to hide in a cave at this point, write some things, and play the witness for the time being.


When Ether leaves, a huge war breaks out, and a number of different people try to take the kingdom from Coriantumr.  But Coriantumr is no slouch himself, and takes on all comers, sometimes successfully, sometimes not.  Here is an excerpt, again from Ether 13:


And it came to pass that in that same year in which [Ether] was cast out from among the people there began to be a great war among the people, for there were many who rose up, who were mighty men, and sought to destroy Coriantumr by their secret plans of wickedness, of which hath been spoken.

And now Coriantumr, having studied, himself, in all the arts of war and all the cunning of the world, wherefore he gave battle unto them who sought to destroy him.


So, you have secret, evil combinations trying to take down Coriantumr, and you have Coriantumr who himself is quite cunning, giving it right back to them.  I will pause right there, and admit that when I re-read that passage last night (I went back to read the Coriantumr chapters after this whole thought came to me), I didn't have any problem seeing Donald Trump in that role - both in terms of efforts by others to remove him from power, nor in his own efforts to retain or find his way back into power.  I wouldn't base a comparison or guess on this description alone, but it sure does sound familiar if I try to view it in that way.


There are other interesting parallels I see as I read Moroni's account, some of which might go some way to explain the complex psychological and sociological issues and motivations at play between Trump and his opponents.  However, before I make the mistake of diving into armchair psychology on all of these people and factions, let's focus now on the part that ties my dream and the 'light-minded highness' together.


Though he is taking on evil secret combinations, Coriantumr and his family are not the 'good guys'.  They need to repent.  However, between him and the secret combinations working against him, it is to Coriantumr that God sends Ether with a message that if he repents, he will be spared and retain his kingdom:


And in the second year the word of the Lord came to Ether, that he should go and prophesy unto Coriantumr that, if he would repent, and all his household, the Lord would give unto him his kingdom and spare the people—

Otherwise they should be destroyed, and all his household save it were himself. And he should only live to see the fulfilling of the prophecies which had been spoken concerning another people receiving the land for their inheritance; and Coriantumr should receive a burial by them; and every soul should be destroyed save it were Coriantumr.

And it came to pass that Coriantumr repented not, neither his household, neither the people; and the wars ceased not; and they sought to kill Ether, but he fled from before them and hid again in the cavity of the rock.


Coriantumr doesn't repent - perhaps the siren call of power is too much.  I don't know.  But it gets a lot worse for everybody from there on out.  Ultimately, Ether's prophecy is fulfilled, and only Coriantumr is left (in addition to Ether) after all is said and done.  The end was horrific, with children even being armed to go into a battle that was to the last man.  Coriantumr would be found by the Mulekites, and I believe Ether would then go on to be sent before another king (Noah) as Abinadi.


This ties back to my dream in that I now believe the situation where I was giving advice to Trump was actually a representation of Ether speaking to Coriantumr.  In my dream, my advice was that Trump needed to change something, and Ether obviously had a similar message in the form of repentance.  As I have mentioned before, my dreams come from various perspectives and Beings, and clearly Faramir-Ether's is one that has come up before, and his story has been one of the primary ones on this blog, so it shouldn't be surprising in this case.


This then ties into the 'light-minded highness' phrase.  Coriantumr-Trump did not take Ether's advice seriously, and it cost him everything.   He treated it in a light-minded way.  Ether-Faramir, as a member of this Family of Light, along with other prophets who had come before him among the Jaredites, could also have been said to be 'minded' by Coriantumr later when he realized that he had made a mistake in not repenting.  Moroni wrote:


And it came to pass when Coriantumr had recovered of his wounds, he began to remember the words which Ether had spoken unto him.

He saw that there had been slain by the sword already nearly two millions of his people, and he began to sorrow in his heart; yea, there had been slain two millions of mighty men, and also their wives and their children.

He began to repent of the evil which he had done; he began to remember the words which had been spoken by the mouth of all the prophets, and he saw them that they were fulfilled thus far, every whit; and his soul mourned and refused to be comforted.


If you look up 'mind' as a verb on Etymonline, you get back first "to remember, call to mind, to take care to remember".  This is exactly what Coriantumr did with Ether's words.  He minded or remembered them.   


Thus, you have light-minded meaning first to not have taken something seriously (when Coriantumr refused to listen to Ether), and then becoming 'light-minded' when he remembered the words that a Being of Light said to him.


Makes sense to me, at least sufficiently to solve both the riddle of the word game or phrase from all the way back in 2020, as well as help explain my dream.  Enough to at least make me comfortable enough putting this as a public guess that Donald Trump is Coriantumr.  


I know it sounds crazy, but again if you stop and think about it in the context of everything else I have written, it makes sense (internally).  I have suggested that Faramir (Ether) is alive among us again.  Why would it seem strange to think of Coriantumr as well?  And all or many other actors from that time?  All of them doing the same things, and falling into the same types of traps, behaviors, and choices as before.


Again, I am not too interested in the politics of this, but more in the implications.  Go back and read about that time period from Moroni's account, and keep it in mind next time you think you want to have a political discussion with someone in the hopes of changing their mind.  These Jaredites were willing to kill each other to the last man to support their chosen king or leader - whether that was Coriantumr, Shared, Lib, Shiz, or whomever.  If true, and these people and their supporters are on this earth again, then the issues run a whole lot deeper than whatever argument you are using to sway someone to your political or social viewpoint.  They run deeper than what the people involved are even consciously aware of, I think.


In my book, at some point the answer will be to flee or run away from those who hold power on this earth, not to try and gain it from them or overthrow them in that sense.  There isn't anywhere to go yet - no Holy Places available at the moment, so maybe the best we can do right now is to become the type of people who would want to go to a place of peace rather than fight.  I am not sure what that all entails, though.


Coriantumr had his Shiz ("Who can stand before the army of Shiz?").  History never repeats itself the same way twice, but there are patterns, particularly when dealing with the same Beings from before.  So it will be interesting to see who might emerge, from all of the rabble, as Shiz, and if Coriantumr will have an opportunity to make a right choice again, or any of these other Beings, for that matter, whatever that would be, or if that really isn't a part of the story in this go around (or my guess is completely off).


Anyway, a strange post, even by my standards, but, you know, things were getting a bit too normal around this blog anyway.  Why not conflate the most polarizing politician of the modern era with the last Jaredite king who oversaw the entire destruction of his people?  Spice things up a bit.


I hope to return to more normal things in my next post, like continuing on with the Camel-Lion Thomas Marsh as Peter, who likely came to this earth from another world to teach people about Jesus, and whose own story of his adventures on this Earth likely was then conflated with that of Jesus' story in our Bible.  Completely normal stuff like that.

6 comments:

  1. Intriguing. One of the things I genuinely appreciated about Trump was he seems to be staunchly anti-war. That seems to track w the idea that Coriantumr has had his fill of warfare and the part of the story where Coriantumr even tried to give the kingdom back to Shiz if he would stop the war from his end. Of course we know how that went down.

    However one thing I have trouble reconciling is why important things are happening here so much vs the other land masses you've written about? Is this the only place for these people to be reborn and repeat their unpleasant stories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What important things are happening here that are surprising?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm primarily thinking of the BoM and all the people reborn here in your story. It just seems like all the important places (promised lands and so forth) are elsewhere and all the good people here are going to be evacuated and therefore this globe seems to be an afterthought filled with afterthought people.

    So I ask myself why aren't these important people born in one of the more important places? Why is Faramir, one of the Sisters, Marsh, Coriantumr and apparently millions of Jaredites, to say nothing of all the people reborn here during Joseph Smith's day...why are they here at all? And why are there so many NPCs (to borrow an internet term)? It's an awfully big world populated w a lot of people that seem to have no real purpose. Does my question make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of it more, perhaps, as this world is really important, but right now there are Beings here who are prisoners to other evil Beings (e.g., Saruman). And as Joseph Smith said, the prisoners must go free. We are the Dead, in a very real way, and this is a rescue mission where evacuating is one step in that process, but it doesn't mean this world is abandoned for good. Part of the plan is just that we have to leave for a time, while evil gets eliminated, and then this world ultimately (I think) becomes a very important part of a path that has Beings starting a really good journey, whatever that will look like.

    Or something like that - I don't know exactly, but that might be how I think about it a bit.

    I am not sure if that addressed what you were saying, or was too vague or not helpful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reminded of a trio of dreams I had, spread throughout 2021, that stuck in mind strongly enough to note them down months later, I suppose for the shared "powerful famous people" theme as much as the clarity. Two of them featured Trump.

    The first took third-person perspective of a well-kept lawn, where I stood next to him; he had just finished making a speech. No onlookers, TV crew or anything were in view, but a helicopter sat idle nearby. Trump offered his arm to me, which I took; instead of leading me towards the 'copter, he gently pulled upwards and we slowly rose into the sky (much like Superman, sans theatrics).

    For the second dream, I was watching a TV drama involving a tussle of some sort. Peoples' arms criss-crossed the screen in a cartoony way as accusations were thrown around. One arm pointed toward someone who looked to be Trump -- only looked, because the figure suddenly removed a rubber mask to reveal it was Bill Gates, sporting a longer, much more feminine hairstyle than he has in real life. Something about that made dream-me laugh hysterically.

    I have a feeling that second one relates to Covid somehow, but the first is still mysterious. After all, I'm an Aussie -- what on earth would an unassuming sheila of no status have to do with someone like Trump? As a result I find him curious for more than the political stuff. I have no opinion on your Coriantumr-Trump idea, but I believe his most important "right choices" have already been made, and few people realise what is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered about Donald Trump as Brigham Young (who I now think was definitely bad).

    I also notice that BY and Peter share a certain hijacking quality, though perceived as legitimate by some.

    ReplyDelete