Thursday, April 11, 2024

Find Key House

I opened up my laptop on the kitchen table just earlier this morning.  My son had left the Wall Street Journal wide open on the table, and I sat down next to it where there was room to put down my computer.  I looked up at the paper while sitting down, and and the first thing my eyes were drawn to was this:





The article headline words that were visible out from under the paper covering it were "Find Key", along with a slightly obscured word that seemed to say House.  I shifted the paper over, and the full word was "Housing", but for our purposes, we will leave it at House since that is mostly what I could see.


Find Key House.


It shouldn't be surprising that I kind of looked at this phrase for a bit, and it struck me with some kind of meaning.  "Key" has come up quite a bit, obviously, including just yesterday when I wrote about our nemesis Asshat Asbalom in the context of the Francis Scott Key Bridge.  



But what did this phrase mean?  It didn't take long for a story to come to my mind, as these things do for me sometimes.  I am always trying to build out the story.



"France has got Key".   That was the phrase I heard myself say when I said Francis Scott Key's name out loud to my son.  In the post where I recounted that experience, I remarked that this all made sense in light of many things I had written before, specifically that the Sawtooth Stone had been recovered and carried over to France, where I place both where the Shire was, and where Tom Bombadil's House still is, apparently.  You can go to the Francis Scott Key post to read more on that train of thought and follow a series of links to prior posts on this subject.


Thus, at that time, the name of Francis Scott Key seemed to confirm, in a very strange way, what I had believed and guessed at in relation to the Stone and its current location.


This title "Find Key House" seemed to be consistent with this view.  The Key (being the Sawtooth Stone) is still in France, at the House of Tom Bombadil (who is Abraham-Aule) and under his care.  Fine, I already 'knew' that.   But, the story that seemed to expand in my mind is that the Stone would be found there.  Meaning, this is a declarative statement:  "Find the key at the house".  In other words, someone will find the Key, or be told to (I presume Faramir-Eonwe) and they will find it at Tom's house.  So, simple really:  all one needs to do is know where his house is and how to get to it, and you could be the owner (or steward, really) of a pretty important thing.


Finding Tom's house, however, seems like it is not all that easy.  Recall that in my recounting, or attempt to piece together events after the Sawtooth Stone's recovery, I place the Stone Couriers as receiving some instructions from whatever Beings they met with in Idaho (perhaps the Three Disciples?).  The specific comment one of them said in that exchange was:  "We need to write all of this down".


Apparently, whatever they were being told about where to go with the Stone that had been entrusted to them was complicated enough that making specific notes about it was considered necessary.  Thus, I don't think any of us would be able to find it, intentionally or accidentally, without similar instructions, or a guide.  It won't be found by anyone not invited, I don't think.


Anyway, so that was a bit of the story that was expanded for me by the partially obscured article headline - that a journey to France and to Tom Bombadil's House will be required to find and obtain the Stone.


This insight was also interesting as I spent a bit of time last night actually thinking about Tom Bombadil's House, but in a different context.  In that case, it was as part of Faramir and Eowyn's story, which I think now may have included an event at Tom's House prior to Eowyn's departure from Middle-earth.  It is kind of new thinking, so if I have time later I will try to get a post out on it.   Interestingly, as part of that thought process, I revisited some words from back in 2019 that included the Elvish word mbasse, and spent some time working through that word.  Mbasse, if taken at face value, means "bread".  It was the last thing I was thinking through before I decided to drop things for the night.  This morning I checked on WJT's blog, and the title of his latest post was "A loaf of bread is dear"

No comments:

Post a Comment