Wednesday, May 22, 2024

What is even more amazing than a talking dog? A spelling bee!

I've danced around Sirius a bit, and even started a post or two that I just haven't been able to really get traction on.  There is an interesting and funny little wink to Sirius in Xanadu I was going to post on yesterday, but I didn't have a good way yet to pull the video clip I was going to use, so I went ahead and switched course to write about Star Trek, Voyager, and Europa.


I didn't know that Sirius was a binary star until very recently.  The first time the star came up on this blog was in my Man in Black post back in November, and at that time I can tell from how I phrased my reference to the star that I was under the impression that Sirius was a single star.  So sometime between then and a little bit ago I discovered that Sirius is actually comprised of Sirius A and Sirius B.


Sirius A is basically the one that we can see at night.  It is the brightest star in our sky, and is measured to be about 25 times brighter than the sun.  Sirius B, on the other hand, is about 10,000 times dimmer than Sirius B.  It wasn't even discovered until the mid to later 1800s, and came as a surprise to astronomers when they discovered it.  It is so dim that scientists weren't able to estimate its mass until 2005, with some help from the Hubble Telescope.


What I will propose is that Sirius A and B stand in for or represent the Ithil and Anor Stones, respectively, as well as their owners, or the Beings attached to them.


In my words, Eowyn was called at one point Lorien's 'shiniest twin', who was in Eru-Place (maybe still is?).  Sirius A is both the shiniest star in our night sky, as well as a twin or dual star.  Eowyn has also, on her Ithil Stone, perhaps gathered 11 or more individual stories relating to the truth about Jesus, which is another thing that makes here Stone or Star the "shiniest" - it has the most truth, and truth is light.


The Anor Stone, however, we learned was 'smoked' or darkened back in 2019.  So, rather than having the same luminosity of its companion Stone, it is now presently dim and dark, just like Sirius B.


That part of the analogy or story contained in Sirius makes sense to me.


It gets complicated in my mind a bit, though, in who is who in the zoo relative to the Anor Stone.  I mean, technically Eowyn's twin is Joseph-Lorien, but I have associated the Anor Stone with Faramir-Eonwe.  Which is it - who does Sirius B represent then in terms of Being and Stone?  


Perhaps both.  Recall in the prophecy of Joseph of Egypt (Lorien) that Lehi relates to his own son Joseph in 2 Nephi, that Joseph of Egypt indicates that the Seer who will come at a later day to restore his people and family will both be named after him, but also be like him:

And his name shall be called after me; and it shall be after the name of his father. And he shall be like unto me; for the thing, which the Lord shall bring forth by his hand, by the power of the Lord shall bring my people unto salvation.


They may have similar stories and thus similar symbols.  We know that Joseph was sick and needed to be rescued, and is still in need of some restoration.  His own star and Being has been dimmed.  It is likely that Faramir is in a similar condition, though not in exactly the same state or situation, if that makes any sense.  Both will be lifted up - this is what Asenath seems to have been telling her brother Faramir in those October 2019 words, and that it would be Joseph who would need to be found and rescued first, with Faramir's own ascension happening sometime later.


Thus, I can see both Beings attached to the Anor Stone, as it seems the Stone is involved in both of their stories.  The Stone was initially dimmed, I think, in order for people to come and rescue Joseph.  That same Stone will also be used by Faramir, at least in my current thinking.


I probably completely pretzeled that, but what I am trying to say is there are potentially a few layers or meaning to these stories that the stars are saying.  The important thing is that Sirius B is a dim and dead star, that used to be bright, just like the Anor Stone.


Both it and the Ithil Stone are involved in the 'sky-walk' or Menelmacar-Orion, who quite frankly can also have connections to both Joseph and Faramir, very cleanly actually.  So, again, I can focus on one element of the story and talk about Faramir and his future sky-walk or ascension, but that doesn't preclude other additional characters or details that come into play in other ways or in other times.


OK, that is clear as mud.


The Spelling Bee


What actually prompted me to at least get something out related to Sirius today was schoolwork my son brought home yesterday but that I didn't see until this morning.


One thing to note before we get there, though.  Sirius is known as the Dog Star to us.  It is a part of Canis Major, and thus its nickname.  Canis Major is one of Orion's two hunting dogs that follow him in the sky.


However, to the Elves, Sirius went by a different name and was connected to a different animal.  It was known as Nielluin or Nierninwa.  This translates to "Blue Bee" or "Bee of Azure".


Rather than a Dog, the Elves associated Sirius with a Bee.  When I discovered this, I thought it was a nice little tie-in to Sirius A and its association with Eowyn-Deseret.  Eowyn, we have covered, is associated with Bees, and I have also associated her, and her Stone, with Sirius, the brightest star in our sky.  So, this all works out very well.  I was going to make a point of this fact in the post I started but did not finish yesterday before turning to the Voyager entry.


Anyway, so this morning after dropping off the kids at school, I walked by the kitchen counter, and a school assignment belonging to my youngest son was sitting on the edge.  It was a math assignment, where you solve problems to get specific number answer, each answer or number is associated with a letter, and there is a riddle at the bottom where the answer is represented by blanks with various numbers below them.  You enter the letter you got for each answer above into the blank below that has that same number, which then reveals the answer.


The title of the homework is "The Amazing Talking Dog".


The question he had to solve at the bottom was "What is even more amazing than a talking dog?".


The answer was "A spelling bee".


Here is the picture:




Not only do we have the Dog (who is a Pied Dog, by the way!) and Bee connection with Sirius, but we also have this concept of 'spelling', which was a few potential meanings.  One is obviously how you write words, but it can also be something like 'casting spells'.  A Bee that casts spells would be a witch, if it was a female (I guess wizard if a male). In Words of the Faithful, Izilba (who is Eowyn, but who I also refer to as Deseret) was rumored to be a witch.  Many times she is called this by different characters, with even Izilba and Zhera' (Faramir) getting in on the joke.


But, there is another meaning to spell beyond writing words and being a witch.  Spell, per etymonline, can literally mean "Story, tale, or saying" and even "Sermon or religious instruction".   Izilba defeats witches with the use of a story about Eru or Jesus that defeated these dark Beings.  It seems like this will also be the case in the future - where she will have another, more complete, story about Jesus to share.  The word Gospel comes from Good Spell - a Good Story.  So, the Amazing Spelling Bee with a Good Spell to share with us?  I think so.


This meaning of a Bee who has a Good Spell to share - the Spelling Bee - also then ties back to the symbolism of Sirius very directly and the association with the Ithil and Anor Stones.  As I have guessed at in previous posts, it is through the link of these Stones that these Good Stories will be shared.


Anyway, just some random thoughts.  When I saw my son's homework, I thought I better at least make mention of Sirius and the Dog and Bee connection.  If I figure out a good way to get it, I will post the Sirius clip from Xanadu also, and then I guess we can see if there is anything else about Sirius to cover at that point.

16 comments:

  1. One of my posts you recently linked, the one that mentions Jeremy Hoop, also features an amazing spelling bee.

    https://narrowdesert.blogspot.com/2024/01/my-tail-is-dun.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m reminded of Gene Ray’s famous epigram: “Word enslaves mind. Talking dog could enslave humanity.” Every story is a spell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WJT:

    That post also has to do with stories. In my first comment on that post, I mentioned a Black Story as a potential meaning for a Dun Tail.

    When I saw Dun this time, I noted it meant West as well.

    So, a Story that is both Dark and West. Throw into the mix the fact that Dor, the character you cite from Centaur Aisle that dictates to the spelling bee, means "King" in Elvish (and also "land").

    That gives you a King saying that their Story is Dark and West. Good fit for Pharazon, I'd say.

    It is funny the bee in that story really was "A Mazing Bee", if by maze-ing we can mean confusion or delusion (like a maze).

    As to your second comment, both Gene (Eugene) and Ray (Raymond) have come up before on this blog referring to the same character, so it was interesting to see you combine those names into one Being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WW,

    And speaking of bees.... here's a buzz for ya:
    Ever hear of :The Telling of the Bees?

    When the Queen Died, Someone Had to Tell the Bees
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/13/world/europe/bees-queen-elizabeth.html

    Perhaps you are aware that Rudolph Steiner gave many lectures on the subject
    of Bees.
    copy and paste:
    "In 1923 Rudolf Steiner predicted the dire state of today's honeybee. He stated that, within fifty to eighty years, we would see the consequences of mechanizing the forces that had previously operated organically in the beehive. Such practices include breeding queen bees artificially."

    Nine Lectures on Bees
    https://rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA351/English/SGP1975/19230203p01.html

    Many years ago (when I did quite a bit of research on bees, because of my name)
    I found this information about the bees' Waggle Dance.

    I wasn't aware of a number eight connection with bees at that time, but by revisiting
    the Waggle Dance info today ( sparked by your post) I couldn't help
    but notice this:
    Copy and paste:
    "Waggle dance is a term used in beekeeping and ethology for a particular
    ****figure-eight*** dance of the honey bee".
    Of course the figure eight is the sign of eternity.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waggle_dance

    And of course the hidden B meaning:
    B is not only 2 ( in the alphabet ) but two two's are also 4
    which means that the B is also a doorway.

    The letter T is the 20th letter in the alphabet, which when omitting the
    two o's, ToTo, becomes TT. (22)

    If you've seen the movie The Wizard of Oz you'll recall the significance
    of that 'hidden easter egg , as it was Toto who pulled back the curtain to 'revel' the truth.
    Toto was also Sirius, the dog star.

    Note in the video, the Wizard' mentions 20 years.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

    And speaking of witches.
    The Wizard of Oz | "Not In Kansas Anymore
    ( note the 2 Witches reference)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N77NaxlGlU

    Also last but not least this interesting perspective about Deborah ( the Bee ) and
    the WORD. ( information about Deborah starting abt marker: 33:00--36:00.)
    Note the reference to Bread in this vid. Interesting as WJT mentions that Bread
    is an anagram of Debra.

    THE LAST DAYS FAMINE AND THE DISAPPEARING BEES
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4EBZ2fHiII&t=619s

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife is the reason we have beehives on our farm. I think she was hearing about all sorts of issues with bees, colony collapse, etc. and wanted to do something about it.

    She took a beekeeping course at the University of Minnesota (their ag department runs a Bee Lab). She was unaware, though, prior to taking the course that as a beekeeper you sometimes get stung (I am not sure why this was a surprise), and she was not OK with that.

    She still wanted bees around, though, and so that is how I became a beekeeper. The honey is really good, and no pollination issues with anything we grow, that is for sure.

    Those are some interesting connections you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandpa used to keep bees. After you’ve been stung a few times, you develop immunity to the venom and it’s not a big deal. Like iocane powder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WW,
    Part 1
    Wow, how cool is that!! Beekeepers!!

    I don't know if you saw the Amazon movie The Beekeeper, but you may want
    to check it out. There is a lot of over-the-top crazy violence in that movie ,
    and a little too much 'entertainment' at least for me, but it does have
    a thought-provoking back story.( trailer link below)

    Of course, there is a lot of yellow symbolism (including fire) in the movie
    and many scenes with a yellowish- red hue ( do recall my comment
    about the colors yellow and red and the maritime international signal flag
    for O ( Oscar) meaning Man Overboard.

    There is also an interesting scene in this movie of the Beekeeper in water.
    In the youtube trailer note the mention of chaos.

    Another interesting movie about chaos is the 1993 movie with Michael
    Douglas titled : Falling Down.
    The entire movie has a yellowish- reddish hue throughout the movie.
    In the clip ( link below ) note (starting at marker 2:27--2:35 )to the right
    of the protagonist D-Fens ( played by Michael Douglas )
    there are 2 street signs which forms an X, both with the name Corona.
    Keep in mind that this movie was in 1993, not 2020.

    There is also an interesting scene with D-Fens 'falling overboard
    into water.
    Chaos is also mentioned in the story of the Yellow Dragon and
    the mythology of the Yellow Emperor Huangdi is very interesting as well.

    I also wonder if I had some connection with the Yellow Hats of Tibet.
    Recall my previous comment about my 1974 Past Life reading
    and an incarnation in Tibet as a monk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WW,
    Part 2

    Another personal yellow and bee connections is that when Marshall
    and I first moved into our first home in 1993, not very soon after
    we had a 'bee invasion, which the hive just so happened to be located
    in the walls of my bathroom ( we have 2bathrooms).

    Also,about 2005, we had another bee invasion located near the fireplace
    in our living room. A beekeeper came out and took the bees and
    gave us several jars of the delicious honey.

    We also have had several 'bat' incidents in our house over the years.
    Do note the bat in the Falling Down clip
    and in the Outer Range, one of the important characters named Billy
    wears a batman t-shirt.
    It's Billy who sings the ' Angel in the morning song.
    Bats are symbolic of transformation.

    When I graduated from high school in 1973, my aunt gave me $500.00
    for a graduation gift. I used that money on a down payment on a sweet used 1965
    pale yellow Mustang.
    ( I sure do wish I still had that sweet ride ;-( .

    I think the Mustang cost about 7or 8 hundred bucks which was a lot of money
    back in the day, at least to me.

    I also had a pale yellow Mazda I bought in the late 1970's.
    Lot of Yellows.

    I think we ( humanity ) are being warned.
    Interesting the Telling of the Bees, and most of my working
    life as a bank Tell-er.

    Everything is connected, no?

    .THE BEEKEEPER | Official Restricted Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzINZZ6iqxY

    https://studybuddhism.com/en/advanced-studies/history-culture/buddhism-in-tibet/the-origin-of-the-yellow-hat
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Emperor

    Falling Down - "Korean Convenience Store ( note the Bat and also note
    the crashing down of the small American flags )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2YRMixW9u8

    Falling Down-NOT ECONOMICALLY VIABLE ( note the yellow and red
    colors on the sign at the swap meet and also the 'flags' very similar to the Maritime
    Internation signal flags.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7oglIAdnJM

    Here is yet another trailer ( the second season) from Outer Range, with more emphasis
    on the subject of Time travel and portals and of course falling down.
    Note all the yellow and red hues.
    This clip also shows Autumn ingesting the black crystal.

    Outer Range Season 2 - Official Trailer | Prime Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UkDdTMZh14

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the way, I'm not sure how amazing a talking dog is if all it can say is "Woof!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. WJT:

    Good point on the dog.

    Maybe it is an Old English speaker, saying "Woof" as in "fabric or texture", which comes from the root word "Wefan" which means to weave (per Etymonline). Given this dog is tied to stories, and stories are something that people are said to weave together, perhaps the dog's "Woof" is really just shorthand for the story he is saying.

    On the bees, unfortunately that isn't true for many beekeepers, who can actually experience an increase in localized reactions like swelling to stings over time, interestingly enough. I don't get stung very often - the bees and I are usually pretty chill. Last season I wasn't stung once, for example, and I inspect my hives at least once a week without using gloves. But when I do get bit, I tend to swell up pretty good, and that is after several years of doing this.

    Beekeepers are actually at a much higher risk than the general population of developing bee sting allergies and having severe complications from them. It's fairly well studied and documented.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie:

    It is funny you mention The Beekeeper movie. I watched that on a recent plane ride. I did notice the copious use of fire in the tory.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WW,
    Regarding your comment about The Beekeeper and fire and
    given all of this wicked weather, globally and in the US, I wonder if the sunspot A3664
    isn't flexing its muscle.

    Why so Sirius??

    https://www.space.com/giant-sunspot-region-ar-3664-video

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny. I just watched a video from my favorite journalist a day or two ago about how the collapse of the bee population was all a lark. I guess you can retire from beekeeping if that’s your motivation. But I will say, local honey is much better than anything in the stores so I’m glad people like you do it. https://youtu.be/gIzhf9ucagk?si=K9eMq-bkSIir1kTs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, she was the reason we started keeping them, and then I continued because I like having them around, they do good work on the pollination side of things (I took a year off awhile ago after none of my hives made it through winter, and I really noticed), and they make great honey.

    The real kicker is that honey bees aren't even native to the US, and can actually cause significant issues with native bee populations (outcompeting them for forage). So, rather than everyone starting up beehives, the better thing is probably to restore native prairies and flowers and give native pollinators a boost.

    But annual hive loss is a real thing. The average backyard beekeeper loses 50% of their hives every year, and that has been about my experience. So it is more expensive and labor-intensive than it used to be, ordering new hives every year and treating for varroa mites, which weren't around a couple decades ago. I guess good business for queen and package bee producers in California, though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I guess my grandpa and I got lucky. I know sometimes overexposure can actually lead to increased sensitivity. My brother developed a tomato allergy after an extensive tomat-breeding project, for example.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Or you got stung a lot? I did read on some chats that people say if you get stung a minimum of somewhere between 50 and 200 times a year, that can give you enough exposure to generate immunity and keep it. That is a lot of times, though! In the 7 or so years I have been keeping bees, I don't think I am anywhere even close to 50 times in total over that whole period.

    And I think some people don't have a lot of local reactions to bee stings, which sounds like you. I know for me, it seems the localized swelling when I do get stung has gotten a bit worse - not drastically, but noticeably. I think when you get stung infrequently, but more than the average population, your immune system is geared up enough to overreact, vs. being chill about it.

    One time my face was up against my veil as I was leaning over the hive. It was fall and the bees were anxious about someone robbing their honey (robbing was pretty active in the area), so one came up and got my right in the center of my chin. I swelled up so much that I developed like 3 chin rolls. It felt like I had a massive prosthetic on the bottom of my face. I was leading a fairly intense and stressful project at work, and my colleagues assumed I was overeating and gained weight due to to the stress. Lasted like a week.

    ReplyDelete