Wednesday, January 24, 2024

El cazador trofeo de los zorros: Skinning a predator

I couldn't have scripted it better.


After firing off the post this morning on Predator, I took a quick lunch break.  During that break, I saw a fox in my back pasture, about 150 yards from my house (and about 75 yards from the back of the chicken's winter run).


This fox has been hanging around the last few weeks, coming in close to the chickens at night on several occasions (my dog and I have had to chase it off late at night), but I haven't been able to get a good day time viewing of it.


Anyway, that changed today and I got a good shot off.  The fox is no more.





I am not really a trophy guy, I don't think.  I just shoot things that pose a danger to anything on my farm (though I am sure this fox also did some good things like eat field mice).



But, in honor of my earlier post and this Predator theme (the Predator in the movie skinning its prey and keeping trophies), I decided to skin this fox and keep its pelt.  It was a beautiful red fox, so maybe I will find a use for it (or maybe I will get rid of it by tomorrow, I don't know).  In any case, that makes me "El cazador trofeo de los zorros" today, if that Spanish is right.


After I skinned the fox, I checked over at William Tychonievich's blog, and seems like he had a Predator theme going on as well with some other things.


Maybe a good omen, and tables turning at some point on a Predator?   A red fox is far from being a camoflauged Chameleon, so perhaps disguises and the ability to blend in will go away, and we will see it and them for what they are.


3 comments:

  1. Not necessarily a good omen in my sync-stream:

    https://narrowdesert.blogspot.com/2023/12/the-sad-death-of-dog-fox-and-vixen.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably whether a good or bad omen depends on what 'side' one is on. In a story involving Good and Evil, a bad omen for Evil should be a good omen for Good, and vice versa.

    Mr. Bass in your quotes (I haven't read the book) seems to come to a realization that foxes do not let chickens be, no matter what agreement is supposedly reached. A leopard can't change its spots, and a fox cannot not want to go after the chickens, eventually.

    I still say good omen, if there is any omen in it. Maybe you just have to flip how you interpret that sync?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true. The foxes in Time and Mr. Bass fall under the influence of the villain Narrow Brain, which is what leads to their demise.

    ReplyDelete