Monday, January 22, 2024

Here comes the rain again

 Back in 2019 and early 2020, it was a fairly common occurrence to wake up in the early morning to songs playing in my head, in addition to whatever words and dreams would have gone on during the night.  It was basically a daily thing for a number of months.  


That stopped, though, and it really hasn't been a thing since early 2020.  There may have been a few times it happened again, but nothing that I can really remember if there was anything.  I still have songs bounce into my head at various times during the day as I think about things (like everybody does), but not the 'wake up' kind of song experience.


But this morning as I was waking up, I had "Here Comes the Rain Again" by Eurythmics playing in my mind.  I can't remember the last time I heard this song, but I don't believe it was recently.  It's not really the type of song I listen to.


I can't seem to get it out of my head now, though.   All day today it just kept sneaking into my mind at random times no matter what I was thinking about or doing.




Also, I didn't know that Annie Lennox was part of Eurythmics (to give you an idea of how little I know about her and the band).  The only song that I really knew of hers before this was "Into the West", the end-credit song for Return of the King.  So there is a very loose LOTR connection there, I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment