Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Summon congregation

 I am travelling today, so rather than trying to do the dream 3 of 3 post highlighting the last part of that dream sequence from a few days ago (which I think will meander a bit, perhaps), I am just going to log a few things quickly here from this morning.


There were two words from two separate short dream sequences.


Summon

The first word was simply 'summon'.  I saw this word visually, but in seeing it, the "O" had been changed to appear something like the eclipse and 'new moon shining' symbol - basically, a lighted ring that looked something like what I have pasted in posts before, but not exactly.  Here is the Black Hole version that seems closer to what I saw, with the O a more defined ring.




That symbol in its various forms, as mentioned, has become synonymous in my mind with the linking of the Anor and Ithil Stones.  


To summon, per Etymonline, means " 'call, send for, ask the presence of,' especially 'call, cite, or notify by authority to be at a certain place at a certain time' ".  This also very strongly aligns with what is meant to happen through these Stones, with Eowyn 'calling' Faramir through the link established by the Anor and Ithil Stones.  There are a few posts I have written that have included this theme, but for one example you can go back to my ' "I'll call ya, pal!":  Linking stones, 'aliens', and a toast to Tron' post (which is also where the Empire State Building first started really showing up and tieing to things).


So this seemed fairly straightforward.


However, due to the "O" being different, I also looked up "Mon", the second part of Summon to see if it might lead to anything.  "Mon" means a bare hill, and could also more simply means "amon", which is "hill, mount, steep slope".  In any case, I first went to Tirion again, a city on a hill, and I think this works in context with everything else.


However, I also went to the Meneltarma, the mountain on Numenor, since that land has also been coming up quite a bit with recent themes and posts.  The Meneltarma would also be, quite literally, a 'bare' hill, as the Numenoreans permitted no structures to be built upon its peak, even thought its peak was very wide and was used for, it seems, fairly large and important religious ceremonies.  It is this point that also had me thinking there might be a fit since "congregation" was the second word.  My mind is still on Tirion in terms of being consistent with this main story that seems to have developed with the Anor-Ithil Stone, but perhaps Numenor is also mentioned, or it is just about that and not Tirion at all.  It may be that I haven't fully considered the role of the Meneltarma and Numenor in the full restoration of things, and that rather than being something that is restored later, it actually happens sooner than other things.  I don't know, so just calling this out as an additional possibility.


In any case, before getting to the second word "Congregation" from this morning, I did want to call out two other interesting things.


First, I realized later that the "O" treatment was similar to what was done for the movie "Knowing", that starred Nicholas Cage, and was an end-of-the-world type movie.  Now, I am not really interested in tieing the plot from that movie to anything here (though I did mention at one point that fire as well as ice seems to be involved at some future time with this earth, and the wicked being turned to ash also has come up, so...), but I was more interested in the actual word 'Knowing'.  This caught my attention because that word (or at least "Know") has come up multiple times in conjunction with the Stones, in that it seems that Faramir and other Beings will now "know" things perfectly, and that by having this knowledge, they will invite many others to also know and to go somewhere that is not on this world.


Second, in my post "Phobias:  Bald Men", I had tied in the Black Hole symbolism in with the New Moon Shining symbolism in saying the image was very similar.  


The very next day (yesterday) while watching one of the NFL playoff games with my kids, we watched a commercial from GEICO - which is an insurance company in the US that has a green gecko as its spokesman - in which someone's home has a black hole in their garage. It was interesting to me because I have associated the Anor and Ithil Stones as being 'cars' (seeing them actually as cars in several of my dreams), and I have also associated them with this symbol that a Black Hole provides.  And here we have, in a two-car garage, that symbol.


Here is the commercial (I did a search, and I guess someone recorded their TV with another camera while the ad was running and posted it on YouTube):




Congregation

This was an interesting one, because with congregation, I took the first syllable "con" as both an English word and an Elvish word.  After I woke up, I looked up 'con' and its spelling variant "kon" (C and K are somewhat interchangeable, giving the same sound).  With "kon" was have "to lead", and when I saw this, it made sense to me.  In looking up congregation on Etymonline just to make sure I had a comprehensive definition, I got "a gathering, assembly, a crowd; an organized group, as of a religious order or body of scholars; act of congregating" and "to herd together, collect in a flock, swarm; assemble".


For my purposes, and based on the recent themes that seem to keep persisting on this blog, this all came together as "to lead a gathering" or "to lead a herd or flock".  Based on what I have thought through with respect what and who Jesus is referring to in his quoting of Malachi, this makes sense:

For behold, the day cometh that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble; and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of Hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.


But unto you that fear my name, shall the Son of Righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth and grow up as calves in the stall.

And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of Hosts. (3 Nephi 25)


A gathering or 'herd' of calves going forth as a gathering to a safe place, all of which is made possible by the Stones (Sawtooth, Anor, and Ithil) and team of Good Guys who are working together for our benefit, so we can be rescued, healed, and safe.


Putting "Summon Congregation" together, then, we have something like "To call to lead a gathering".  And again, I might be reaching that definition because that theme seems to be top of my mind and my writing, but at least its consistent and I don't have to stretch too much to make that thread continue through these various words, dreams, and thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. The word congregation comes up in the D&C a few times, one of which refers to Adam ondi Ahman and Enoch's (Faramir's) words about the event.

    So you are saying the black hole is a good thing right? Like a portal for Faramir and his stone to get back to Tirion? And I guess by extension for the rest of the family of light?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is interesting on 'congregation'. I hadn't thought to look it up - good idea. 'Ondi' would be plural for stones, and Ahman could be Aman, so some potential tie there to Tirion as a gathering place, and the method.

    Yeah, I don't know what I am trying to say on the black holes other than the symbol is the same or similar to the eclipse or new moon shining symbol, so I assume a good thing, I guess?

    I mean I guess there could be some kind of portal - that could work, but I don't know how it would at this point, so I'm kind of leaving it open to maybe lots of different ways. Any ideas on your end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally black holes seem like a really negative thing to me, something void-like that light itself succumbs to, but that could very well just be my ill-informed view based on science (fiction?). At any rate I had a dream about a black hole trying to get me back in 2020. Here's what I wrote about it:

    "Dreamed I was translating the first of several words. As I translated the first word, I found myself in a pitch black cave. I realized something was in there w me. I wasn’t really scared but definitely a bit cautious since I couldn’t see. Regardless, I knew I needed to flush out the dark presence so I started going around the cave and waving something, not sure what exactly, but something like a towel to move the air and spur whatever it was to come out of its hiding place. I heard a rumble/growl and it jumped out at me. It came spinning at me like a black hole/void portal and I barely got out of the way in time. It kept circling around me trying to pass me through itself but each time I avoided it, it got smaller and less of a risk and looked like it was about to fizzle out completely. I woke up and remembered the first word I was translating was echiol and it was the first word in a string of words. Woke to the song “dancing in the moonlight”. Later, the word "deviol" came and I dreamed that ech was either an interrogative base or that the phrase was a question of some kind."

    Looking back on those words now, there is a "hole" word on eldamo for "ekka" so that's a direct hit maybe and -iol can be an adjective suffix. So the first word could be "hole-like" or "hol-ey". iol can also mean lamb. No good ideas on deviol. The best I can come up w is a play on words between "devil" and "Eol" but I really don't have any good reason to think that's correct. But I guess the main reason I asked was just b/c in my dream the black hole was definitely trying to get me and I was not happy about that. Maybe I avoided it when I should not have but in my dream it was a good thing that it was losing steam.

    And of course my black hole is maybe not the same as the one showing up in your experiences lately. That's the overall context of my question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm - maybe its a bad thing then. Perhaps the symbols are similar because Light stepped into the void (represented by the Black Hole) but the Stones will get Light out (or make the Void nothing at all). I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about it just after posting my comment right now, it is said that black holes are meant to represent punctures in the fabric of space-time (or something like that - way out of my depth here). So, maybe symbolic of some puncture or tear in the void itself.

    In this way, it actually flips the perspective on the Black Holes. Rather than a void itself, they put holes into the void, and there are good things on the other side (so a net good thing).

    Who knows - could be anything.

    ReplyDelete