Friday, January 12, 2024

Artu's and Tutu's (and Mr. Potato Head)

I don't know where my daughter and I got this particular sick bug from, but it is no fun.  Seems a bunch of things are going around.  Anyway, apologies if my thoughts are scattered (more than usual) - I am kind of doing things right now, including writing here on this blog, to take my mind off of physical discomfort.  My brain is probably not working super well.


Early this morning, maybe around 2am (+/- and hour or so), I got up to just walk around since I was tired of laying in bed coughing and being unable to sleep.  At one of my stops I stood by a small trash can, and as I looked down at it I saw the words "Artu heal".  The words came from a magazine, where the actual phrase was "Startup Health", with the words stacked over each other in the title.  The way it was in the trash can, however, with other garbage piled around it, just made the "artu" of startup and the "Heal" of health visible.  Thus, Artu Heal.


I remembered that "artu" is an Elvish word since when it has come up before it reminded my of R2D2 from Star Wars (since Luke and others call him just R2 for short), but couldn't remember what it meant.  I should have, however, because it means 'fort or fortress', and in fact I just mentioned it a couple days ago (indirectly, at least) in my post on "Unassailable Aldaroth".  In that post, I mentioned my interpretation of that phrase as being consistent with a 'high fortress'.  The Elvish words behind that phrase come from part of my Jan-Feb 2022 Part I words, where Artu is mentioned in conjunction with Yavanna's heir.  I actually quoted it a couple times, first generally as part of the Part I post for those words, and then the "Gordon Kor" follow up focused on forts, High Places, and Tirion itself.  Here is the phrase where Artu came from, and my attempt at translations:


Jan 26, 2022
Artu ararat kin Yavanna heir
Fortress high out way/ path family Yavanna heir
(the family of Yavanna's heir will be led on a path to a high fortress by that heir)


Anyway, so I looked the 'artu' word up on Eldamo when I got back to my phone, and found the definition of Fortress, which then reminded me of the stuff I just wrote or cited above.  Thus, with Artu Heal, we have something like Fortress Heal, or to be more specific since we have identified that particular fortress as Tirion, one of the two 'Holy Places', something like "Tirion Heal".


So, my trash cans are now giving me messages at 2am in the morning.  This is great.


Anyway, the phrase could be taken in one of two ways:  Either Tirion needs to be healed, or healing can be found in Tirion.  Or both.


I actually lean toward the 'both' definition, because I think part of the plan, as I have tried to capture or dance around in some prior posts, is for some healing or establishment of the Holy Places themselves to occur prior to then Beings being led there to themselves be healed and find rest and peace.  So, Tirion needs to be healed, to then provide healing for those who go to Tirion, or something like that.


I will do a follow up post on this, because I think it is just going to require too much thought or brain power that I don't have right now to try to more clearly summarize what I think on this, and there are still a few other random things from last night/ this morning that I want to get to before I run out of energy.


OK, so following the trash can telling me "artu heal" and me looking up the word and thinking on things a little bit, I finally tried to go back to bed.  I did get little fits and starts, but not much.


In one of those brief sleeps, I had a short dream.  I saw a little girl who was wandering around quite a large castle.   My understanding was that this girl was a princess and this was her castle or home.  As she walked around, she finally came to a room that she entered.  In the room was a man who was sitting at his desk, studying or doing something.  In looking at them together, I understood that this man was her father, and thus the king of this particular castle.


The girl approached her father and asked, "Father, can you play at 2 tonight?". 


The question came off as strange to me, as I understood her to mean at 2am tonight, which seemed an odd time to play.


The man seemed to think the same thing, because he responded uncertainly by saying "Ah... at 2 tonight?"   He didn't look too thrilled at the prospect.


But then he trailed off as if thinking about her question a bit more.  Then something dawned on him, and he followed up by saying, "Or did you mean 'tutu night'?".  As soon as he suggested this alternative, I thought that this must be what the girl meant, and then immediately woke up.


First off, this was an interesting dialogue for how, without changing any of the sounds the girl said, but just reforming the words that came from those sounds, you had an entirely different meaning.  This immediately, when I woke up, reminded me of the comment section from my post yesterday, where I had done the exact same thing in a reply to WJT in quoting some of my words from 2020 that included the poet Robert Frost.  In those words, I had written "Turn olimon", and had left it that way in my files ever since (coming up on 4 years now).  However, in the comment, as I was literally in the act of typing it, I had the thought that I should attach the "N" rather to "Olimon", thus making it "Tur Nolimon", or even just Turnolimon.


In the exact way the man in the dream did with his daughter, by keeping the sounds the same but changing how those sounds break into words or how they are formed into letters, I had generated something that made quite a lot of sense in the context of many things.  Tur Nolimon can be straightforwardly translated into something like  "Master Learned One".  Which makes a whole lot more sense in the grand scheme of things than trying to make the phrase work as it was, particularly with the word "olimon", which had no really good solution.  So, problem solved by moving the N!  Actually, not even moving it - just eliminating the space between the two words and aligning the N with the appropriate part of that word.


Anyway, back to what "tutu night" would actually mean, though.  Since often noun or verb forms of this Elvish language can end in "-u", I first looked up the root "tut" to see what I could find on Eldamo.  It looks somewhat promising, but not entirely clear cut.  We have root words like "Tuth" or "Tud", which would be phonetically similar or the same.  You even have "tudu" which basically means the same thing as these other forms, which is all around "kindle, match, tinder", etc.  Something to do with lighting a fire, it seems.


In the context of the 'night' that follows it, and relative to other things I have written with respect to the Holy Places and lighting a flame or beacon that would 'break night', this could be something that makes sense.  Those references, by the way, are from my Part 1 words from 2022 if you want to reference (link is above in my earlier mention of that post).


So, the little girl might have been asking her father if he could light the kindling or tinder in the night, to begin the process of restoring light and 'breaking' the night.  Or at least go to the place where that tinder or kindling is in order to facilitate or light that fire.  When she says 'play', this could have have multiple meanings that support this, and rather than it being just about entertainment.  Alternative meanings such as 'attending to, move lightly or quickly, focusing on, performing music' etc. all could work here and be relevant.


OK, so that is enough about that for now.  


Following this at some point I had a dream about Mr. Potato Head, of all things (if that gives you any indication about how seriously or not you should be taking any of this).


I actually lost quite a bit of this dream when I woke, but I remember a few things.  First, I observed that Mr. Potato Head was bald, and this seemed important because of the other times this theme has come up (though I guess technically there are hair attachments one can get to make him not bald).  Second, my focus was directed toward the seemingly important detail that Mr. Potato Head could change faces very easily, being able to put on a face that was very pleasant in order to hide a darker, truer face that he might show to others.  A faceless one, in a sense, that could put on multiple faces as it suited him... and thus potentially dangerous in terms of being able to adopt disguises.  At least that is what I remember waking up:  be careful when it comes to Mr. Potato Head!


Also, upon waking, my mind was on other Beings from the Disney cartoon Moana that were also made out of food - coconuts in this case - bearing some resemblance to Mr. Potato Head.  These Beings can change their face by erasing and drawing a new one.  Interestingly, Moana, the story itself, bears some interesting story overlaps with the one was have going on here.  Travel across an ocean, bearing a Stone that needs to be restored to its rightful owner in order to save 'islands' from a spreading darkness.  And these Kakamora Beings were after that Stone.




And with that dream and those impressions out of the way, I had one more dream sequence in which this time I visually saw a short phrase:  "22 Fragrances".


Now, after the dream about the the man and his daughter and the word play around 'tutu', I was ready for this one.  As I saw it in my dream, I first said twenty-two, but then immediately caught myself and thought that it was likely meant to be a creative way of saying "tutu", as in "2-2", with the twos said individually.


In this case, I then thought probably a double meaning.  First, referencing the 'tutu' in terms of the kindling or tinder that will light the flame to break the night, but also as in something a dancer wears, literally a 'tutu'.  Something like this:


This notion was reinforced as I remembered after I woke up that my daughter has a little doll that she named 'Tutu'.  We (unfortunately...) are in the Elf on the Shelf tradition.  For those that don't know what this is, its when you have an Elf that comes to your house over the Christmas season and 'moves' around every night to a new location in your home (signifying they have been to the North Pole and have come back).  If you haven't already started this with your kids, all I can say is congratulations.  It has been many times over many years where I have woken up panicked because I heard the kids waking up and realized I forgot to move the Elf the night before.  Fortunately, our older two know what is going down with the Elf, but our youngest son was in prime Elf-believer mode this last Christmas.  Maybe another year or two to go, and our Elf gets the hook.  We'll see.


In any case, the Elf thankfully goes away after Christmas Eve back to the North Pole (or stuffed into tissue paper, a bag, and then a box under our stairs...).  During my daughter's own peak Elf time, she really missed Bob (our Elf's name) when he left, and she didn't like how you can't touch the Elf even when he is around (thus breaking the magic if you touch him).  This is something the marketing geniuses that run this whole charade anticipated, and so they also sell stuffed doll versions of these Elves that your kids can carry around with them all year.


Thus, our daughter got one several years ago, and she named it, what else "Tutu", because the Elf came with a tutu (or that is what my daughter called it, at least) around it to help distinguish it from her male counterparts.  Here is a sample shot of Tutu:



So, it is hard to explain, but later in the morning as I am stacking all of these experiences on top of each other, I just equate this whole "Tutu" and "Artu" thing as pointing, once again, back to Tirion.  Tirion is, in Tolkien's writings, the home city of the Elves of Valinor (at least the Noldor), which makes sense to have Tutu, an Elf in our family, point back to that place.   And, based on the addition of "Fragrances" likely also a person, or at least group of people.  Recall in my short story on Herbie the Hamster, smells or fragrances for some odd reason played a major role in that story.  They also show up in my words with respect to Faramir and Eowyn as I now interpret them (and, it seems, words spoken by Saruman himself).  That will also need to be a follow-up post, though, so just keep that in the back of your mind.


To reinforce, then, how this story goes, Tirion will be healed/ restored, both in terms of creating a place for people to be gathered back to, but also in the very act of gathering, further heals and restores that place, as Family and Friends are once again back together.  This place - Tirion - starts a flame or spark that begins to break the darkness that has a grip across all of the worlds that make up this Earth.  The Sawtooth Stone story, and the Beings involved in bringing that Stone back home to its owner (Joseph) are all a part of this, I think.


This will also play into Nephi's vision in 1 Nephi 14, I think, of where he saw the church of the devil, or the whore of all the Earth, and "she sat upon many waters; and she had dominion over all the earth, among all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people.".  Nephi would also remark that the Church of the Lamb was also present in all lands, but their numbers were small and scattered, and their 'dominion' was also small.  The reestablishment of Tirion as well as the New Jerusalem might be part of the changing of that current state of affairs.


2 comments:

  1. The main dinosaur in The Good Dinosaur is called Arlo, which is apparently an Old English name meaning 'fortified hill'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ben:

    Good find!

    I looked it up also after you mentioned it, and it seems a stone works its way into the name also.

    And apparently the name first comes from a very old and very long poem/ story I haven't read called "The Faerie Queene", where Arlo is the name of the hill where the Gods assemble.

    ReplyDelete