Monday, July 8, 2024

Unhenned: A book about Israel?

I was going to just leave this as a short comment on William Tychonievich's post titled "Unhenned", but I thought I would turn it into a short post here, primarily because I may want to come back to it and the comments aren't searchable.


In that post, William relates a short dream about a red book with the simple title of 'Unhenned' on the cover.  The book has yet to be published, in the dream, but rumors were already swirling about what it was going to be about.


Here is my guess.


Unhenned is a funny title.  William mentions that people in the dream assumed it meant something like being without a controlling woman in one's life.  A reasonable guess by these dream people.  Some commenters on William's post also referred to a flock of chickens, with one likening the loss of her chickens (she sold them recently) to being 'unhenned', which is an accurate interpretation of that word in that instance, for sure.


My guess relies on the hen being meant here as a single hen, and the book is about a people who have lost that hen... or rather, the hen has lost them (but will gather them back).


In the Book of Mormon, following the mass destruction that ensued on the Promised Land following Jesus' death, a voice from Heaven speaks during the time of darkness that last for 3 days.  In 3 Nephi 9, this voice introduces themselves as Jesus.  In chapter 10, a voice speaks again, and it is left a little ambiguous as to whether this is the same Being or not, but for our purposes here I think it is OK to also assume this is Jesus still.


In those words in chapter 10, Jesus compares himself to a hen, who has, is, and will continue to try to gather Israel to him as his chickens. 


And it came to pass that there came a voice again unto the people, and all the people did hear, and did witness of it, saying:

O ye people of these great cities which have fallen, who are descendants of Jacob, yea, who are of the house of Israel, how oft have I gathered you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and have nourished you.

And again, how oft would I have gathered you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, yea, O ye people of the house of Israel, who have fallen; yea, O ye people of the house of Israel, ye that dwell at Jerusalem, as ye that have fallen; yea, how oft would I have gathered you as a hen gathereth her chickens, and ye would not.

O ye house of Israel whom I have spared, how oft will I gather you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, if ye will repent and return unto me with full purpose of heart.

But if not, O house of Israel, the places of your dwellings shall become desolate until the time of the fulfilling of the covenant to your fathers.


Jesus is the hen.  Israel are his chickens.  They remain, generally, without their hen because they have, in the past, rejected the call to be gathered back to him.


In other words, Israel is 'unhenned', if by unhenned we can understand this term to mean literally, as it does, to be without a hen.


Thus, the book may be about the "Unhenned", or Israel.  That is my guess, at least.


This makes sense for a couple reasons, one which is implied by the color of the book cover in William's dream.


I thought I had alluded to this first reason before, but in a quick search on my blog I can't find it.  In Words of Them Which Have Slumbered, Israel (which is earlier referred to as the "House Broken") is told that the chapters of the book of their history are 'red'.  Here is the opening line:


Red are these chapters coursing over the pages of the book of your history, House Broken...


And then all sorts of examples of red are given, ending with a play on words even regarding the redemption (red-emption) of Israel.


The color of William's book being red may, I believe, refer to this.


In addition, my recent guess is that the Sawtooth Stone is red in color - the ruby of William's dream, perhaps.  On this Stone is a story, or a book, that has yet to be published.  Context clues from the strange dialogue that I picked up on May 4, 2019 and which I believe involved Joseph of Egypt make me believe that a story of Israel, both their past and future (according that time long ago), lie on that Stone, and Joseph put it there.  Here is the dialogue as found in my post The Good Spell of Luke:


May 4
[Joseph?] Ah, but you are so little
[Joseph] Yea, though the starry heavens shall pass away yet my love shall not depart from thee, O house of Israel; though your sins be as scarlet they shall be white as the driven snow
You should get the story out, a min
[Joseph] Feel we will wake up before we get it out
Let it be written before all else, trust in Eru good alone can come
I've finished washing the dishes. We can think of where they go later.
[Joseph] zim uln ur


Joseph starts out with his statement about Israel, including the familiar Isaiah statement that although their sins be as scarlet (red) they shall be white.  Again, we have this history of Israel being likened to 'red' things, and found on a red book (the Sawtooth Stone).


Anyway, that is my guess at the moment.  The red book is about Israel the Unhenned (i.e., separated from Jesus), their history, but also their redemption.

4 comments:

  1. In the dream, I pictured the author as a Jew (looking like Philip Roth, whose name also means “red”).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Till armageddon no shalam, no shalom
    Then the father hen will call his chickens home
    The wise man will bow down before the throne
    And at his feet they'll cast their golden crowns
    When the man comes around

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might not be anything, but the name Philip has to do with horses, and it seems means something like "Horse lover". Philip Roth = The Red Horse Lover, in one interpretation. A lover of red horses would probably like riding them, so perhaps this is a reference to the 2nd Horseman of the Apocalypse who sat on the Red Horse.

    Interestingly, it is in that chapter in which a the moon becoming 'as blood' is mentioned. I recently remarked that perhaps the red celestial body I saw in the sky in my recent dream wasn't the sun, but rather the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By "in that chapter", I meant the chapter in Revelation where the horses of the apocalypse are mentioned.

    ReplyDelete