Sunday, August 11, 2024

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah and a Blue Bird on my shoulders

 I went for a run after writing that post earlier this morning, and for kicks, started off with Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah (which despite Disney putting it down the memory hole, can still be readily found on Spotify).


The mention of a Blue Bird struck me in listening to the lyrics.  In the song, Remus repeatedly sings this: 

Mister blue bird's on my shoulder
It's the truth
It's actual
Everything is satisfactual


I pulled up the video clip from the movie on YouTube, and as you would expect, as Uncle Remus sings this part, an animated Blue Bird does indeed land and sing on his shoulders.




The Blue Bird reference stuck out to me because that is obviously a major symbol for a character discussed on this blog:  Peter-Marsh-Pharazon.


Just recently, I likened Simon from the Chipmunks to Peter, with Simon's blue robes/ attire as one symbolic tie.   That connection has extended even further back into my posts as well as William Tychonievich's.  For example, Jay Leno has come up several times.  William had a dream of Leno, and a book that appeared to have been written by him (in the dream) titled "Who Can Say Who'd Abducting You?".  In a comment on one of his posts titled "Malk and banned books" I initially tied in the theme of the banned books with Peter-Pharazon (I called him Ingwe-Peter there), as being a person whose book and presence would likely be currently banned by dark forces (the GAC).  After submitting that comment, though, my mind went instantly to Jay Leno and I left this second follow-up comment to William right after:


Quick follow up: After posting, I had a thought that the banned book in question (and the 'unpersoned" or banned individual) may have something to with that vision you saw of the Jay Leno book titled "Who's abducting you?". Seems that Jay (represented by the Blue Jay and the Blue Jean Denim he likes to wear) might have the answer, and people don't want that coming out. Would explain the reaction to that name in your dream, as well as the title of the book you saw later.


I left that comment just one Friday (two days ago), so the symbol of the Blue Jay is pretty fresh on my mind.  So obviously my ears would perk up at this very explicit mention of a Blue Bird in the 'banned' song of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.


The Blue Jay has a very interesting place in folklore of the South. in which Song of the South takes place.  It was also known as the Devil's Messenger or Devil Bird.  It got that name because it was said to act as a spy for Satan, visiting him every Friday, but apparently not too pleased about having to act in this role:


Blue Jays have figured prominently in American folklore since time immemorial. Native peoples carried on conversations with jays. In the plantation South, slaves developed a whole set of folklore around the jaybird, which they called the bird of Satan. They claimed that it was impossible to see a Blue Jay on Fridays because that was the day that jays carried sticks down to the devil, along with reports about what people were up to that week. The jays finished their devilish duties in time to return to earth on Saturday, when they were always unusually gay and noisy, apparently relieved to be free from Satan for another week.


The Friday mention as the day that the Blue Jay would go missing caught my attention for a funny reason.  This Friday is August 16, 2024, or the date that I think may have been related back in 2020.  I had guessed that this date might have something to do with the Fathers, and with Peter, since it occurred in the context of "Balta Sheave".  And here we have mention of the Blue Jay going missing on Fridays.  Might not be a connection, but it stood out to me enough that I thought I'd mention it.


So, we have Faramir (Remus) and Peter (the Blue Jay).  Remus-Faramir sings that Peter is on his shoulder, which is likely a reference to Peter being a responsibility or a 'burden' of some sort.  When something is said to rest or sit on one's shoulder or shoulders, typically this phrase is meant to communicate that a responsibility has been placed with someone. In this case, Peter is Faramir's responsibility.  Faramir is also likely stating that Peter is, in fact, "With" him, meaning they are on the same side, confirming this in saying (through Remus) "It is the truth / It's factual".


That statement by Remus implies a question, or almost an expression of disbelief - "The Blue Bird is on your shoulder!?  Isn't that the Devil Bird or the Messenger of the Devil?".  Well, no, and this gets to Remus' concluding line about the Blue Jay and why it sits upon his shoulder:  "Everything is satisfactual".


To "satisfy" originally was used, per Etymonline, as something like "pay, repay, make reparation; do penance; make amends".  Book of Mormon readers might be familiar with satisfy in this setting in remembering phrases that talked about Mercy satisfying the demands of Justice.  The reason that the Blue Bird sits on Remus' shoulder, then, is that everything has been satisfied and is in order.  My guess is that not only Peter's own actions, but also records that will be revealed, are all a part of things being "Satisfactual".


This all brought to mind the dream in the post titled "The Smoothing of the 96 to go Home" (the whole post seems very related to all of this, by the way).  This was the dream:


I found myself standing in the kitchen/ dining room area of my house.


I was engaged in a conversation with my wife. We had been talking about something important, though I don't remember what it was, as I had the sensation of joining the conversation or realizing where I was with everything in-progress.


My wife was looking at me, and said, "I just think people are a little uncomfortable with the idea of you going around forgiving sins."


I considered what she was saying, and there was a bit of a pause as I thought through things. I eventually responded, "Well, it's an idea I think they are just going to have to get more comfortable with.". And then the dream scene faded.

No comments:

Post a Comment